Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Escapade June 2014!

5 Oct 2013 hannahc asked

hannahc

hi! I've just booked my european escapade tour for the 8th of june 2014! Would love to know of any others travelling on this tour or around the same time!? I'm from victoria, australia and travelling solo so would love to meet some new people! I'm also planning on spending time in the uk afterwards in july/august and maybe do a bit more travelling! would be great to hear from anyone interested in the same thing :)

• 10 Oct 2013 Pumba_oz said

Pumba_oz

Booked in the same trip , hope all goes pleasantly. :)

• 11 Oct 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

Oh that’s great pumba_oz! Yes should be good! :)

• 11 Oct 2013 Pumba_oz said

Pumba_oz

:) everythings settled, flyin on the 5th june n back hm on the 20th july. $$ flying left right and centre the past few days lol. Time to make the most of it lol

• 15 Oct 2013 JordanScott said

JordanScott

Booked today :) for May 29th 2014 until 22nd June 2014. Very excited as this is my first ever Contiki and first time to Europe :P

• 24 Oct 2013 Ginny said

Ginny

My friend and I start this tour on the 12th of June! :)

• 11 Nov 2013 Cobi23 said

Cobi23

Hi, i am looking at doing this tour also. Considering you have booked already do you no how many people have already booked?? =) Getting pretty excited =)

• 11 Nov 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

Hey cobi! That’s so exciting the tour looks so good :) I’m not sure how many people have I know of about 5 who are going in groups/partners so should be a few! It’s a definate tour so should fill up :)

• 11 Nov 2013 Sorelle23 said

Sorelle23

Hi, yes I was looking at booking this weekend for that tour. Great to know I won’t be the only solo Traveller! Seems like we are two peas in a pod lol I really would like to do more travelling after the tour but have no idea on where to start or who to go with. I wanted to go to England for a bit but have been advised not to stay there because the weather is so grim all the time.

• 11 Nov 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

Hey sorelle23, that’s awesome that your booking the same tour! At the moment I think i’m one of the only solo ones haha so i’m glad your thinking about it, really does sound like were in the same boat about heading over by ourselves and what to do afterwards. Im staying until September at this stage so have a bit of time to find places/things to do! I’ve heard the same thing, but hopefully during their ‘warmer’ months it won’t be to bad! Even to travel back over to Europe would be good, either way its gonna be fun! Where in aus are your from? :)

• 11 Nov 2013 Pumba_oz said

Pumba_oz

most of us should be in the same boat as solo travellers, new experience for me to say the least.
    after this tour im gonna be in amsterdam for 5 days for the Luminosity beach festival than runs for 3 days then back to london for the england scotland run then off home :) wouldve liked to do ibiza as well but id rather have punters to go with as it would make it cost effective…. so expensive doing that solo. maybe next time

• 12 Nov 2013 Cobi23 said

Cobi23

hannahc: thanks for getting back to me, That’s good, I am very excited and nervous! :D
    sorelle23: Yes I think you should book, I am looking doing the Greek Island hopper before this tour, will then be going to London for 3-4 days on my own and after the Contiki am hoping to have 2 weeks spare to do my own thing, would love to go to Ireland, Scotland etc..
    Pumba_oz: Feel alot more comfortable knowing they will be majoroty Solo Travllers :D

• 12 Nov 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

Sounds great cobi23, the Greek Island tour looks so good! Very exciting.. I’m also hoping to travel around Ireland and Scotland afterwards and hopefully with new people and not solo haha!
    Pumba_oz that sounds awesome, gonna be an amazing trip!

• 12 Nov 2013 Cobi23 said

Cobi23

Yeah I am going with a friend to do the Greek tour and then she is leaving me and heading in the opposite direction :D Well looks like we are both looking for the same thing.. We could eventually plan something once i have it more set in concrete :D How long will you be London before we leave??

• 12 Nov 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

Oh that will be so much fun :) Yeah its still seems so far away at the moment haha, but yeah i’m sure we can stay in touch and see how it all goes!! I arrive on the morning of 6th June so i’m only there 2 days before the tour! Where do you stay for your few days in London?

• 13 Nov 2013 Sophie =) said

Sophie  =)

Im doing the European Adventure leaving 6th June!!! Will be such a good trip and after its finished then planning on heading back to a few places solo that i really enjoyed or doing a sailing tour around Greece and then heading to Tomorrowland as well!! If anyone else is thinking of doing anything like that or is around in Europe in the June/July period hit me up!! =D

• 13 Nov 2013 JordanScott said

JordanScott

Anyone doing the 29th of May Departure of this tour? Join this meetup if you are :)

http://www.contiki.com/community/meeting-rooms/152332

• 13 Nov 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

I’ll be around in June/July Sophie hopefully doing the same thing, im so jealous tomorrowland will be amazing!!

• 24 Nov 2013 Sorelle23 said

Sorelle23

I finally booked my trip! But unfortunately I had to change the date just encase it collided with midyear exams so I’m now leaving on the 9th July. are you still planning on staying in London?

• 24 Nov 2013 hannahc said

hannahc

Oh awesome how exciting!! Yeah ill still be staying in london afterwards :) will definitely have to keep in touch!

• 8 Dec 2013 nursetabs said

nursetabs

I just did this tour in June/July this year and you will have a great time!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.