Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Recommended Hostels in Sydney

26 Sep 2010 VakaVeronica said

VakaVeronica
Hi all,

I get into Sydney on 29th Dec and I intend on staying in a hotel on the first night. However, as I want to ring in the New Year and have fun, I want to check into somewhere a bit more lively until I head off on the "Beaches and Reefs" tour on 2nd January.
I've noticed on HostelWorld.com that many hostels require a minimum stay of 10+ days etc. Can anybody recommend a place to stay, or indeed are there any fellow travellers who want to meet before the 14day trip up the East Coast?

Cheers!! Smiler
  • 26 Sep 2010 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

When I was in OZ. They had a commercial of this hostel. http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/…unds/sydney-harbour/ they say its a great place to bring in the New Year. Since you can see the Opera House.

• 26 Sep 2010 Pervy said

Pervy

I’ve stayed at all 3 yha hostels in Sydney and the are all really good. The one ryan_m is talking about is fantastic. I’d stay there again anytime. Fantastic location, great rooms. I’d book as soon as you can though.

• 28 Sep 2010 RPNguyen said

Default_avatar

All the hostels seem to have minimum stays, and the hotels are a bit ridiculous. Would anyone know of a good place to stay for just the NYE?

• 28 Sep 2010 VakaVeronica said

VakaVeronica

@RPNguyen, I’m having the same problem! If I discover anything I’ll post it here.

• 8 Oct 2010 Lottie said

Default_avatar

I’m really curious about what you guys discover. I live in Sydney and most of us either have a house party out of the city in the burbs or crash the place of someone who lives in the city or close to it so that we can walk to see the fireworks.

I’m not sure if this will help but maybe try some of the suburbs in the inner west – Newtown, Glebe, Enmore, Stanmore, Leichardt – they aren’t that far from the city and are close to Sydney Uni so there might be some accommodation around there because it is summer break – but I’m not sure.

Anyway not sure if that will help – but thought I would post it anyway. Good luck guys!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.