Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Anyone traveling April 18 - May 5

8 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar
Just wanted to know anyone traveling on this tour (April 18-20th) I am coming from Vancouver, Canada....Getting close....
  • 8 Feb 2007 Lozina_77 said

Default_avatar

Hiya

Im doing this tour from 2oth April to 5th May. Is that the same as you?

Are you travelling with anyone else. I will be going with my husband, with a few days in the uk before and after. We are sooo looking forward to it. It was a last minute decision to do this hope we have enough money!

• 10 Feb 2007 justjen said

Default_avatar

Hi! Been thinking about taking this tour seeing as the one i had booked was just cancelled…but this one is similar and leaving over the same time, plus i have had friends who have taken the encounter and loved it! I will be going solo coming from Kitchener Ont, so it will be great to make new friends!

• 10 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

Yes it is the same tour…I am flying out of Vancouver April 18th I will be landing in Heathrow April 19th at 1.30 PM…I am traveling solo…So it is nice to meet fellow travellers here! I have 2 weeks left after the tour is over and I will be spending a couple extra days in Paris then London and I am gonna spend time in Scotland….nothing set in stone yet…

Tina

quote:
    Originally posted by Lozina_77:
    Hiya

Im doing this tour from 2oth April to 5th May. Is that the same as you?

Are you travelling with anyone else. I will be going with my husband, with a few days in the uk before and after. We are sooo looking forward to it. It was a last minute decision to do this hope we have enough money!

• 11 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

My trip was cancelled too… I was taking this same trip just different dates…What trip were you originally going to do?

quote:
    Originally posted by justjen:
    Hi! Been thinking about taking this tour seeing as the one i had booked was just cancelled…but this one is similar and leaving over the same time, plus i have had friends who have taken the encounter and loved it! I will be going solo coming from Kitchener Ont, so it will be great to make new friends!

• 11 Feb 2007 Lozina_77 said

Default_avatar

Sounds like you are all sorted now tho after the cancellations. It seems like there was heaps! Im hoping they are going to confirm departure on this one very very soon, as I would love to book and pay my accomodation in london and my travel between there and southampton and birmingham. I have a few days in each catchng up with family and friends, some before the tour some after! Friends keep reminding me it is freezing over there at the moment. Im not sure how I will cope with the cold!!! Coming from Western Australis where there is not really any such thing as cold!

• 12 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

I am pretty sure this trip is confirmed…My brother booked my trip for me, he works for Flight Centre and they (Contiki) said this trip is a guarenteed departure…but double check…there is a 1-800 # for Contiki…I have been making payments so it has been easier….I am getting pretty excited…..not that far away!….

quote:
    Sounds like you are all sorted now tho after the cancellations. It seems like there was heaps! Im hoping they are going to confirm departure on this one very very soon, as I would love to book and pay my accomodation in london and my travel between there and southampton and birmingham. I have a few days in each catchng up with family and friends, some before the tour some after! Friends keep reminding me it is freezing over there at the moment. Im not sure how I will cope with the cold!!! Coming from Western Australis where there is not really any such thing as cold!

• 12 Feb 2007 Lozina_77 said

Default_avatar

Oh wow… thanks for that. I will have to email my travel agent and fingers crossed she will get it allconfirmed for me.

I cant believe it is less than 2 months before i flyout.. actually 8 weeks today! We have been wanting to do this for so long. We have a week in fiji coming up too.

Have you done a contiki tour before? The only time I have left Australia is when i went back to Scotland to see my family with my mum, and that was about 18 years ago!!

• 13 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

I am getting so excited..I have not ventured far from Canada (Vancouver, BC) either….I have been to Hawaii,Las Vegas and Mexico but that is about it…First time I have done international travel so doing it “alone” is a bit fightening but exciting…I have never done a Contiki tour this will be my first….I was searching it on youtube.com the other day and it was interesting to see there promo video’s….my brother said their tours are amazing….It is so nice to be able to chit chat with people before the tour….kinda calms the nerves a bit….I cannot believe that it is only 8 weeks away…..WOW….

quote:
    Oh wow… thanks for that. I will have to email my travel agent and fingers crossed she will get it allconfirmed for me.

I cant believe it is less than 2 months before i flyout.. actually 8 weeks today! We have been wanting to do this for so long. We have a week in fiji coming up too.

Have you done a contiki tour before? The only time I have left Australia is when i went back to Scotland to see my family with my mum, and that was about 18 years ago!!

• 15 Feb 2007 Lozina_77 said

Default_avatar

OMG Hawaii, Vegas and Mexico…. awesome! I cant wait to visit those places. We actually nearly did visit them, but someone changed their mind last minute.. actually initially it was canada!!! As they say girls change their minds all that time, ha ha.

Im so excited as its been confirmed, and ive been speaking to friends who have done contiki tours and we are heading for some great fun by all accounts! I cant wait get started! We have some nights out planned before in London too with some friends and I cant wait for that.

It must be a weird feeling when you think about doing it one your own, actually doing somethng like that would freak me out. But seriously theres probably a few people doing the same, and really everyone will be there to have a good time and see all the sights one their own or not, so i cant imagine it would be a problem…. hell matt and I cant wait to meet new people!

• 16 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I am a little nervous as the time gets closer but I am also getting more and more excited…So you know a lot of people who have done the Contiki tour…I am sure once I do this tour I will want to go again and again…I am making another payment today… I just can’t wait to pay it off and get the official documents in the mail…I have my flight booked so I frequently look at my boarding pass and get butterflies in my tummy….Oh this will be so much fun!

quote:
    OMG Hawaii, Vegas and Mexico…. awesome! I cant wait to visit those places. We actually nearly did visit them, but someone changed their mind last minute.. actually initially it was canada!!! As they say girls change their minds all that time, ha ha.

Im so excited as its been confirmed, and ive been speaking to friends who have done contiki tours and we are heading for some great fun by all accounts! I cant wait get started! We have some nights out planned before in London too with some friends and I cant wait for that.

It must be a weird feeling when you think about doing it one your own, actually doing somethng like that would freak me out. But seriously theres probably a few people doing the same, and really everyone will be there to have a good time and see all the sights one their own or not, so i cant imagine it would be a problem…. hell matt and I cant wait to meet new people!

• 17 Feb 2007 justjen said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!I offically booked this tour now, they have my money so now its time to really get excited! Less than two months…and im not trying to freak out since i am going solo! And i am just going to have a fun time, see some stuff and make some memories. Coming from Kitchener ont canada so the weather shouldnt be a problem lol! Cant wait to cyas!

• 19 Feb 2007 Lozina_77 said

Default_avatar

lol justjen! the weathers our biggest concern.. it only ever gets as cold as maybe 15 degrees for a day or two in winter and thats a cold winter!

Glad you will be joining us. Got very very excited today as i bought myself a big jacket, and then found out Chris Cornell, ex soundgarden and audioslave lives in paris and part owns a restuarant/bar. Told hubby as he loves soundgarden and he actually agreed we can go there! Now just to find the place on these maps!

• 23 Feb 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

YAY…I am still slowly paying this trip off…hopefully within the next two weeks it will be paid in full…I am getting so excited….So Lozina you and hubby not used to the cold…my boyfriend lived in Perth for a while so he told me about the heat you are used to. It won’t be that bad…JustJen you will be used to cold weather in Ontario…as I am in Vancouver BC….So I am sure we will transition…lol….Looking forward to this adventure….

quote:
    Originally posted by justjen:
    Hey guys!I offically booked this tour now, they have my money so now its time to really get excited! Less than two months…and im not trying to freak out since i am going solo! And i am just going to have a fun time, see some stuff and make some memories. Coming from Kitchener ont canada so the weather shouldnt be a problem lol! Cant wait to cyas!

• 9 Mar 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys…. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

So I am all ready Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->….I have planned out my itinerary as I will be in Europe for a total of 4-1/2 weeks. So when we finish the tour in Paris I am going to stay there till the morning of the 7th….I then will be flying off to Edinburgh and will be in Scotland till May 15…I leave Scotland the morning of the 15th and head back to London and I will stay in London till May 20th then I fly home…. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 15 Mar 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys…

Hae you booked your flights yet? I land in London April 19 @ 1.40PM

• 20 Mar 2007 justjen said

Default_avatar

Not much longer….yeah!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Mar 2007 Lozina_77 said

Default_avatar

Yeay, under a month to go. Im all sorted. We get into London on the 12th April, so we have a few days there, then off to Southampton with cousins. The a few days in birmingham with my brother after the tour and then home to Oz on the 11th May…. all up, away for a month.

Havent had a chance to get too excited yet, as Im off to Fiji tomorrow!!!

• 21 Mar 2007 tchristine77 said

Default_avatar

I am still waiting for my passport…I am sure I will get it soon…I am so excited but nervous too….It will be a blast!

• 29 Mar 2007 CdnAngel said

Default_avatar

I’ll be on the Euro Encounter too, April 19-May 20. (‘coming from St. Catharines, Ont.)
    I’m also traveling solo. See you then!
    Angela.

• 31 Mar 2007 KathrynCairncross said

Default_avatar

I’m 21 year old female from Orange County California going on this tour!! Traveling solo and nervous and excited!

Katie

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion