Community_discussions_small  

Question

Getting to the Imperial London Hotel from Gatwick?

9 Apr 2007 Smylie asked

Default_avatar
Anyone know how to get to the hotel from Gatwick airport? How far away is this?
  • 9 Apr 2007 Amy said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I found the directions below from another message. I would suggest getting your train ticket now, so you do not have to worry about it at the airport and you can go straight to the train. The gatwick express website is very helpful. It looks pretty easy. I am arriving in London durng rush hour, so I hope it is not too bad. I hope below helps:

———————
    There is no tube service from Gatwick into town – you’ll have to get the Gatwick Express. www.gatwickexpress.com

The train costs about 14pounds and leaves every 15 minutes from 5.50am. There are also trains that run from 4.35-5.20am however, I’m not sure how often. The train takes you to Victoria Station, approx 30 mins away.

From Victoria you need to get the Victoria Line (light blue) north to Green Park and then change again to the Piccadilly Line (dark blue) North, getting off at Russell Square. You’ll need a tube ticket for this, so another 7 pounds.

There’s a few changes on the Gatwick line and there is a also a sizeable walk from the Victoria Line to the Piccadilly Line at Green Park so make sure your bags are light!

• 9 Apr 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

I think that was my original post so, that’s exactly what I was going to say :-)

• 9 Apr 2007 smlou said

Default_avatar

Hi

I am also flying into Gatwick and was wondering about the distance from the airport to the Royal National. I found something called Hotelink. You can check out their website www.hotelink.com (I think). Anyways they direct you to the train in Gatwick then meet you at the train station in London and drive you to your hotel, I was worried with my bags and stuff it would be difficult to take the tube and they aren’t that much more then the tube and train, they actually include your train ticket in the price. If you go to their website they will give you a quote, they quoted me $54 Canadian which is about 24 pounds.

• 10 Apr 2007 Smylie said

Default_avatar

wow, thats far from easy…why the hell would contiki fly me there when just as many flights go to Heathrow

• 10 Apr 2007 bellyk said

bellyk
    quote:
    Originally posted by smlou:
    Hi

I am also flying into Gatwick and was wondering about the distance from the airport to the Royal National. I found something called Hotelink. You can check out their website www.hotelink.com

(I think). Anyways they direct you to the train in Gatwick then meet you at the train station in London and drive you to your hotel, I was worried with my bags and stuff it would be difficult to take the tube and they aren’t that much more then the tube and train, they actually include your train ticket in the price. If you go to their website they will give you a quote, they quoted me $54 Canadian which is about 24 pounds.

Seeing as the Royal National is just around the corner from the Imperial Hotel, then yu could always use the directions that PinaI/Amy posted already Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 12 Apr 2007 m1chele84 said

Default_avatar

what about flying from Heathrow to Royal National Hotel?

• 12 Apr 2007 bellyk said

bellyk
    quote:
    Originally posted by m1chele84:

There was another topic about this somewhere, but to save you looking – the tube runs from Heathrow and you can get off at RUssell Square without having to change lines

• 12 Apr 2007 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by m1chele84:

Yep, as bellyk said – once you have your luggage just follow the signs to the underground station. From there you will get the PICCADILLY LINE NORTH (there is only one train so you cannot get lost!). The tube will take you direct to Russell Square in about 1.25-2hrs. Once you get out of the station, walk to the traffic lights and if you look left you should see a massive sign that says ROYAL NATIONAL HOTEL!

A one tube ticket will probably set you back about 6pounds and don’t worry about difficulties with luggage. So many people use the underground in London with luggage – it’s practically normal and if you are stuck or struggling the underground staff will help you as will most strangers!

• 15 Apr 2007 michAel-89 said

Default_avatar

damn,

i never thought leaving gatwick would be that difficult

is anyone else arriving to london on june 21?

heh Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 15 Apr 2007 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by michAel-89:
    damn,

i never thought leaving gatwick would be that difficult

is anyone else arriving to london on june 21?

heh Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Hey Michael, it sounds tough but really you will be fine. Writing it out makes it all sound a lot harder than it will actually be and the people in London are really nice and helpful so you’ll be ok. Just pack light so you don’t have to lug too much around between tube stops!

• 24 May 2008 Explorer1095030 said

Default_avatar

Did I read one of the posts correctly? It will take between 1.25-2 hrs. to get from Heathrow to Royal National Hotel on the tube?

• 25 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1095030:
    Did I read one of the posts correctly? It will take between 1.25-2 hrs. to get from Heathrow to Royal National Hotel on the tube?

Yeah, at least an hour, more likely 1.5hrs though.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.