Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone with info on this trip?

3 Aug 2009 Nick NY asked

Default_avatar
How big is the boat and rooms?

How are the bathrooms and showers on it?

What's better above deck or below deck rooms?
  • 2 Nov 2009 Explorer1145325 said

Default_avatar

went in august,
    my first contiki and i loved it,
    its very relaxing, its not a typical contiki, you dont wake up and rush off, u sleep in, wake up to sunshine, swimming, and sun tanning. Relax till mid arvo, then u get a quick tour of the port, sight see, have dinner, and go out and party;
    defiantly loved it

with regards to the room,s there pretty damn good for a boat, we had a toilet and shower in each room. I felt above deck was better than below, the air con didnt always work, but who needs it your in the middle of europe. The rooms on the boat beat some of the rooms i found in other parts of europe such as italy!

• 7 Jun 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Oooh boo… I’m pretty sure I’m on the bottom deck. Thanks for the feedback!

• 16 Jun 2010 PatriciaTX said

PatriciaTX

What is the best currency to have on hand kuna or euro?

• 16 Jun 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

The currency in Croatia is still the kuna. I’ve read that some of the bigger hotels/restaurants/etc may take euros but it’s better to have kuna for cash.

• 20 Jun 2010 PatriciaTX said

PatriciaTX

Were the meals on the boat good?

• 22 Jun 2010 PatriciaTX said

PatriciaTX

What is was your favorite part about the trip?

• 23 Jun 2010 Jessica said

Default_avatar

I am staying in Croatia for 4 days after the trip, does anyone have any suggestions for things to do during those 4 days? (I am flying out of Split). Are there things to do in and around Split?

Praha—Is there a private charter you would recommend? Or other day/few day trips to take?

Thanks!

• 25 Jun 2010 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Praha,

Thank you so much! This is great information. I will definitely incorporate some of these trips into my plans.

Jessica

• 28 Jun 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Speaking of great exchange rates – where did you get your kunas for the trip?

I went to the bank here in BC (Canada) the other day and they said they couldn’t get the Croatian kuna. They suggested that I get extra euros and then when in Croatia, find a place that can convert them to kunas. Was anyone able to get kunas before going to Croatia?

Also, how much kunas would you suggest taking for a week?

• 29 Jun 2010 NCStateAlum said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shannon735:
    Speaking of great exchange rates – where did you get your kunas for the trip?

I went to the bank here in BC (Canada) the other day and they said they couldn’t get the Croatian kuna. They suggested that I get extra euros and then when in Croatia, find a place that can convert them to kunas. Was anyone able to get kunas before going to Croatia?

Also, how much kunas would you suggest taking for a week?

I exchanged US$ at the airport and asked for smaller bills, the rest of the time I just used ATMs. I would also make sure you spend all your kunas before leaving the country because even at the Brussels airport I couldn’t exchange what I had. Luckily I have a friend going to Croatia next month so we worked out our own exchange.

Can’t help you with how much to bring, I’m not on a budget so I don’t really keep track LOL.

• 29 Jun 2010 aeiou said

Default_avatar

Natka, I can’t believe you only spent 2,500 HRK!

I’m thinking of taking £700 and that would work out at about 8,000 HRK. I’m still going to work with that but it’s nice to know that the odds are I won’t need it all as like you i’m not a big drinker. I might shop a bit though Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.

What sort of luggage did you carry? I’m thinking of taking a 75l backpack as I figure that is easier to store than a suitcase and will be better as i’m staying in a hostel the night before the tour.

• 29 Jun 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Thanks for the ideas budget wise. I’m not so much worried about keeping on a budget but more wanted to ensure I wasn’t stuck with leftover kunas that I wouldn’t be able to exchange!

Good idea on the debit cards and ATM

• 30 Jun 2010 NCStateAlum said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shannon735:
    Thanks for the ideas budget wise. I’m not so much worried about keeping on a budget but more wanted to ensure I wasn’t stuck with leftover kunas that I wouldn’t be able to exchange!

Good idea on the debit cards and ATM

You do you can always exchange the money back at the split airport provided your flight doesn’t leave too early. I forgot to do it Friday and my flight left on Saturday before the currency exchange was open.

• 4 Oct 2010 Explorer1204656 said

Default_avatar

I was on this cruise in August. I’d recommend it to anyone of all ages, singles and couples.

Croatia is amazing and the people on my tour were just gorgeous.

Highly recommended.

Rooms are decent sized for a boat and food is tasty and homey. The crew is awesome so you’ll love them by the end of it.

You literally swim, tan, chill and if you want to go out at night, you can party it up – my group certainly did.

The bar on the boat is super cheap as well.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion