Community_discussions_small  

Question

only for partying?

15 Jul 2006 khrayosun asked

Default_avatar
just trying to decide whether everyone on Contiki is into partying?!?!  I am 32 and single, but my beverage consumption days are over and I am not into the bar scene. Will I be out of place? Thinking of a trip to Italy in September. Thoughts?
  • 16 Jul 2005 Sarah Smiles said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    I did the Euro Vista tour last summer when I had just graduated college and was 23 years old. I hardly drink at all, and never get drunk and I was not made to feel out of place at all – no one ever pressured me to go out if I didn’t want to, or to drink if I didn’t want to. There are already three of you on this one thread who are asking the same question, so, no worries! There are all kinds of people on Contiki and I am sure that you will have a great time even without drinking.
    Have an amazing trip!
    Sarah

• 18 Jul 2005 Julianne Malpas said

Default_avatar

Hiya,
    I’m going on the Ultimate European tour on 18th August and shared similar concerns to you guys as i’m not a big drinker/wild partier either.  I’ve been chatting to a few other people on my tour through the meeting place and discovered that i’m not the only one thou so i’m not feeling as worried now! 
    I don’t think you all should be too worried either as most tours have at least 30 people¿ on them so the chances that they are all going to be big drinkers are not high!  Besides, drinking frequently can be expensive and after paying for the tour plus optionals a lot of people don’t have much money to play with!  It also looks like contiki tours leave places quite early in the morning so people who often stay up drinking till the early hours may find it hard to cope!
    So, don’t worry, join a tour, and have fun!
    jules

• 19 Sep 2006 Neets23 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

Just wondering if this still applies.

I’m not a big drinker either. I do want to see some clubs and go dancing, but the point of me going is to see the sights of Europe, not to party and drink a lot. There’s nothing wrong with doing this (if that’s what you’re into), but I’m a bit worried about going on a tour where everyone will do this and I’ll be left out.

Any advice? I’ve heard Contiki’s rep, and I’ve read all the posts saying it’s what you make of it (which is totally true), but there also seem to be a lot of posts from people that just go to party.

Plus I’ll be 26 next year and don’t want to be the old boring person on tour! Lol.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion