Community_discussions_small  

Question

moulin rouge-dress code?

21 Feb 2008 Lauren asked

Default_avatar
i'm just wondering what the dress code is for plaaces like the moulin rouge? at home i wear a nice pair of jeans and a dressy top and heels when i go out, but will this be ok for the moulin rouge? i'm travelling in april/may so it will prob be too cold for skirts and dresses at night. i don't really want to buy a pair of dress pants just for this tour....
  • 21 Feb 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lauren:
    i’m just wondering what the dress code is for plaaces like the moulin rouge? at home i wear a nice pair of jeans and a dressy top and heels when i go out, but will this be ok for the moulin rouge? i’m travelling in april/may so it will prob be too cold for skirts and dresses at night. i don’t really want to buy a pair of dress pants just for this tour….

Yes they will let you in with that. Though most people tend to go dressier.

Shorts are NOT allowed. One guy on my tour was refused entry for this so he ran off and spent 75 euros on some jeans!

I travelled in May and it was definitely warm enough for shorts, even at night.

• 24 Feb 2008 Charisse Roza said

Default_avatar

hey lauren,
    wear a dress, it is warmmmm there in May, so don’t worry about that, i wore a shawl (pasmina) that night and didn’t even really need it.
    bring a few dresses on your trip that are multi-functional. you can wear them to the moulin rouge, out for a nice dinner, to the symphony in austria, or to the clubs/discos.
    trust me…people re-wear things, and no one cares.
    if you like in North America, go to american apparel, buy the 16 way dress in 2 colors and you’ll be set for your whole trip!!

• 21 Apr 2010 Explorer1178658 said

Explorer1178658

Jeans, shirt and a jacket on top ? I think they would accept that. I don’t think they will accept just jeans and a t-shirt.

I don’t know how you usually dress, but jeans together with something tasty can be very trendy.

• 24 Apr 2010 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

What about black capri pants?

• 25 Apr 2010 Katie said

Default_avatar

hey..
    i went in novemeber when it was freezing cold and all of us girls still wore dresses.

I just wore a long sleeve dress with leggings underneath.

Plan to take a dress, if you plan to take jeans, when you see what everyone else wears you will feel quite underdressed.

TravelGirl, 1 girl on tour did wear capri pants, but majority of people did wear dresses just because we were in Paris and it was our first chance to dress up together Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Apr 2010 TravelGirl said

Default_avatar

ok I’ll plan to bring a summer dress Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Apr 2010 NaHdz said

NaHdz

most of the people on my tour got pretty dressed up, I wore a dress I had bought that day it was a one shoulder beigey coloured satiny dress haha its real nice lol if you wear jeans make sure you wear a dressy top or something..Moulin Rouge is AMAZING!

• 30 Apr 2010 likeaflower said

likeaflower

Dress up and have fun, but also remember that it’s bitterly cold at night so take a warm coat you can wear from day to night.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion