Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Where do you put your $/Valuables when out at night

13 Feb 2008 Brittany said

Brittany
So I've been reading all the posts concerning what to lock up in the room during the day and what to bring with you during the day - but what about at night? If hotels aren't safe to put valuables (I am bringing an expensive camera with changable lenses) then do you bring them with you when you go out?

Please help!
Thanks!
  • 13 Feb 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I would never leave valuables in the hotel room. My camera stayed with me at all times.

• 14 Feb 2008 Amelie said

Amelie

That is actually a concern of mine as well. Where do you leave your passport, money and all other important documents?? I am one of those person who always loses everything when she goes out… At home I usually bring as little as possible with me when I go out at night. I’m thinking I wont be able to do that when on the tour and that I will definitly need to be more carefull. Is it not safe at all to leave some stuff behind when you’re doing a budget/concept tour?? Is there such a thing as a safe where you can lock up your stuff (like when you go to hotels).

• 14 Feb 2008 Pauly0 said

Pauly0

Yea Ill be the guy sleeping with the belt on. Cant trust some crazies out there. I will be getting locks and everything.

Oh yea tori you can trust me Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 14 Feb 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Sleeping with a money belt? Taking your valuables into the shower with you? Has it really come to this?! I am honestly blown away by this.

I have never done anything other than using locks on my luggage and keeping anything valuable locked inside and out of sight. Maybe I’ve been especially lucky, but I’ve never had anything stolen (and I’ve got some nice stuff! IE) Ipod, digital camera, expensive clothes, etc.)

Please share your stories!
    Thanks.
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Feb 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

Looks like I will be carrying my DSLR everywhere… I am hoping that everyone is just a little paranoid to start and really I won’t feel the need to sleep with a money belt on (since I hadn’t planned on bringing one)…

• 15 Feb 2008 Steftacular said

Steftacular

i had a travel wallet that kept all my money and passport etc in, which always stayed in my purse, which was always with me – and then i had copies of all my docs in my suitcase

i had a small camera so it was never a trouble of bringing it with me, but a tour mate brought a big camera with her on tour (the one with lenses and the like) and she just put it in her suit case at night

we had a few ppl bring laptops and everyone had their ipods with them – ppl just left them in their rooms, whether it was tucked away in their suitcase or not, nothing happend to any of them….

• 17 Feb 2008 Greko said

Default_avatar

Well how good is the security on the cabins

Do the doors and windows have locks

If yes then i would presume it is safe enough to leave stuff in your room.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.