Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Hungarian and Czech Money

16 Jan 2011 Ian.Canada said

Default_avatar
Hey all. I am thinking about doing the Berlin to Budapest tour starting july 2nd. I am just curious how the Czech and Hungarian money works. Just wondering how much general things cost... eg cab rides, drinks, general souvenirs ... the like.. I've never been anywhere that had a "badly" inflated currency so id like to prep myself for how much things are gonna cost.

Thanks from Canada

Ian
  • 8 Mar 2011 FITZY!! said

FITZY!!

Im not sure about Hungary but Czech Republic is CHEAP! They use the Czech Crown which is approx. 1 Euro = 25 Crown.
    I can’t remember much about exact cost of things other than alcohol hahaha. I remember, and it’s amazing I remember this (Prague Pub Crawl is Amazing), the cheapest beer at the bar was something like 28 Crown. The general rule of thumb with Europe is that the further East you go the cheaper ‘things’ are. You could easily survive comfortably on the same daily budget you’d use in the other countries, in Prague. If anything you get more for your money.

• 15 Mar 2011 Ian.Canada said

Default_avatar

Great! thanks for your advice.

• 25 Mar 2011 Talena said

Default_avatar

I thought Prague would be quite cheap but found it wasn’t much different to the rest of Europe. If you have Euro from your other countries still left over you don’t have to change them over – most places will let you pay in Euro but will give you the change in local currency – this probably isn’t the best as I did this and it is very hard to tell if you are getting the right amount of change because of the different currencies, I have a feeling they rip off the tourists a little on the change they give! But if you don’t have any other currency on you it can be good to get by.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.