Community_discussions_small  

Comment

new zealanders moving to the uk in 2011

14 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee
hey just wondering if there's any people out there moving to the big uk next year. i am, im going alone and would love to meet some other people. im going in may and doing a contiki 4 a month when i get there then in2 a pub job.
Smiler
  • 14 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi Ashlee,

Yep I am moving there next year Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Hopefully around April/May too.

• 14 Nov 2010 torz said

Default_avatar

hey guys.. im also thinking of moving there in may next year. Although im not from New Zealand, im from Australia Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

what tour are you guys thinking of doing?

• 14 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi torz,

I am not going to do a tour when I go over, I will be hopefully going straight into a job Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I am doing a couple of tours at the end of the year though – Winter Wanderer and Ski Austria.

How about you?

• 15 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

Hi,

I’m also moving over there in May! I’m doing the European Experience first tho then will try and get a job.. I’m from Auckland.

• 16 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

im doing the london to athens + greek island hopping tour (contiki) for a month then into a pub job. where’s everyone from?… me palmerston north

Ashlee

my tours on the 19th may and i go over on the 16th may. so 6 MONTHS today!!!!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

I living in Christchurch, but originally from Dunedin! My tours start in 5 weeks!

Ashlee

Im originally from taranaki. oh how exciting!!! i can’t wait for mine. 6 months should go fast though since christmas/new years (crazy busy work time) is in between. and im finishing work 3 weeks before i go. what kinda job are you looking at getting when you get over there?…

• 16 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Yeah I am sure it will go fast Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I don’t get back from Europe until Feb 10 so I am hoping I am only back in NZ for 3 months before I shift! Ummm IT work, I have been doing it for long enough now that I should be able to get a job just on experience alone!

• 16 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

I will (hopefully) be doing office work..

Ashlee

im a beauty therapist so will eventually get into that feild but just start of with the pub job. cuz at least it means i have a job and sumwhre to live straight away when i get there Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> and i’ll get to meet lots of new people!

• 16 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

Awesome! I hope i can find a job! I’ll probably take anything i can get tho,job market is probably not that great right now.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

you should get the uk pub job package nikki. ask your travel agent about it?…are you going through sta travel?…thats who i’m with and they have great starter packages. you let them no when you can start and you live at the pub. get discount on meals, get to meet lots of people.work with other people in the same boat as you. min of 4 months. i just love how when i leave nz i no i have a job and have sumwhere to live. thats the most important thing

• 17 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

Yea but the pay looks terrible! lol And i don’t have any bar experience… i found a job agency that does the same thing except with office/ administration jobs specifically for kiwis & aussies moving to uk, might give that a try!

Ashlee

i dont have an experiance either. they say you don’t need any. they teach you everything. the pays alil poor because you don’t have to pay for rent at all. and you get some free/discounted meals. but yea it is long hours. but it will be fun. i no lots of people that have done it. im an organise freak so the idea of knowing i have something when i leave nz is perfect for me. but yea im prob only doing it for like 4-8ish months at the max then into my feild of work.

• 17 Nov 2010 MissLiz said

MissLiz

Hi guys.

Im from CHCH and i friend and i will be moving to London in May 2011. We are on the 20th May 2011 EUROPEAN ADVENTURER tour.

Ive got recruitment companies sorting a job for me as we speak i have an Hons degree and teaching exp and being a kiwi BRITS LOVE YOU!

My friend is a legal secretary.

Would be great to meet up with fellow kiwis. Pity we will miss waitangi day i hear its huge in London with the Kiwis!!

• 17 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

So do you already have a confirmed job when you arrive there Ashlee or do you have to go for interviews n stuff?

Ashlee

not at this moment as i haven’t applied for my package yet. doing that in jan. you don’t have to do interviews, its set up for you when you get there. when do you fly in and where are you staying before you go on your tour missliz?..

Ashlee

what date does your tour start nikki?…and where are you staying before it?… i hear that along the way you meet other contiki groups and other tour groups at your hotels/contiki villages etc. so we might actually see each other along the way.

• 17 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

A shame we are not all in the same city or we could meet for coffee(s) and talk about the big move!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion