Community_discussions_small  

Comment

new zealanders moving to the uk in 2011

14 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee
hey just wondering if there's any people out there moving to the big uk next year. i am, im going alone and would love to meet some other people. im going in may and doing a contiki 4 a month when i get there then in2 a pub job.
Smiler
  • 17 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

very true but hey we can yarn on here. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:--> and im sure we can meet up while we are over there. missliz my contiki (london to athens + greek island hopping is half of your tour. the same amount of nights you stay at the places to. except i don’t just do mykonos i also go to iso and santorini and then i go back to athens to finish my tour. i’ll just be one day ahead of you. Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> hahah crazy!! so i will prob def see you along the way

• 18 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

I’m going to USA to do a contiki first then onto London on 3rd May for a week and half to catch up with family etc. Then my European experience starts on May 12 and ends start of June! I’ll probly stay with family and friends until i get myself sorted..

• 18 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

oh sounds fun! may 3rd is my birthday Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> sounds like a plan stan. lucky you have people to stay with over there till you get yourself sorted!

• 18 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

When do u arrive? do u know where your gunna stay?

• 18 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

i arrive on the 17th moring and im staying at the royal national hotel since the contiki basement is there. makes it easier.

• 18 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

I assume you are all moving to london as well?

• 19 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Hey everyone!

Im a 22year old kiwi girl form Auckland moving to London in August next year….. alone!!!

• 19 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi Kelli-Sian!

I am looking forward to moving by myself!

Will you be looking for a job or taking a pub-type one like the travel agencies can provide?

• 19 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Hopefully will be signing up with some agencies and find a job that way..

Thought about doing the live-in pun jobs though! Is that your planning to do?

• 19 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Yeah that is exatly what I am going to do – register with recruitment agencies. When I am there at the end of the year on holiday I will get some letters from the agencies to say I have registered as I need them for my visa application. I’m looking to get a job in the IT sector which shouldn’t be too hard Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Nov 2010 Sian.afs said

Sian.afs

Hi guys,
    Wow so many people with the same plans! I’m moving over in May/June after graduation and a month travelling around Asia. Then I’m probably going to get a job at one of my cousin’s bars in London or maybe my bosses ski shop in Scotland. It seems like such a big unknown though. And choosing which contiki is impossible though I’m tempted to do a gapforce trip to go diving in Egypt first.
    I’m from AKL btw and my name’s Sian Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Hey Sian!

Thats awesome! I know its so hard picking a tour… I finally decided to do the 37 day European Adventurer then i’ll be coming back to London to live… seems very scary but also exciting. thats awesome that you have family there to help you out!

• 21 Nov 2010 MissLiz said

MissLiz

What visa’s are everyone getting?

Youth Mobility seems to be the go for us.

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Ancestral for me!

• 21 Nov 2010 Debbie said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I moving to the UK too! Into the great unknown all on my lonesome. I’m going in August and doing the European Contrasts tour starting Aug 13th then I’ll start looking to find a job afterwards through recruitment agencies. I’ve got a dutch passport so that’ll help simplify the whole job search issue… hopefully Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’m Debbie and I’m from Hamilton.

• 21 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Im getting the Ancestral too.

One of my biggest concerns after securing a job is a place to live… wouldn’t know where to start!

• 21 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Kelli-Sian: Here are a few really good links for you to read…

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov….ting-uk/visas/moving

http://www.workgateways.com/wo…-cost-of-living.html

http://www.ebigoe.com/living_in_uk.html

http://www.workgateways.com/wo…-cost-of-living.html

There is another really good site, but I can’t quite find the link!

• 21 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty
  • 22 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Thanks heaps for those sites Bunty, gonna check em out now Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

i can only get the youth mobility. jealous of you guys with the ancestral!!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.