Community_discussions_small  

Comment

new zealanders moving to the uk in 2011

14 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee
hey just wondering if there's any people out there moving to the big uk next year. i am, im going alone and would love to meet some other people. im going in may and doing a contiki 4 a month when i get there then in2 a pub job.
Smiler
  • 25 Nov 2010 MissLiz said

MissLiz

Super jealous of ancestral!!!

what areas are people looking at living in?

We will staying in Camberwell until we get back from contiki and then start looking else where.

• 26 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Oh I have no idea where to look to live… I definitely hope to find a place to live with other s on OE’s and would rather live with a bunch of people than just a house of 2 or 3 to begin with… less chance of getting home sick Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

I don’t know where to live either, but I will wait until I have found a job before I leave then hopefully sort something after that! With over 100,000 kiwis in london we should be pretty sweet Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

i have no idea about the living thing 2. but my best mate is over there at the mo. so hopefully she’ll let me no of a good area that i can try and get the pub job in. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> agree with kelli-sian that it will be good living with a bunch of people so ya don’t get 2 home sick.

• 26 Nov 2010 Ashlee said

Ashlee

oh and have you guys started looking at sorting out your visa?…i did mine this week and going to wellington to do my finger prints and stuff on the 13th dec Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> super excited

• 26 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

I can’t apply for my ancestral until next year as you have to apply for your visa within three months of your intended date of travel… so I think I will apply around the end of feb! Im looking forward to having Europe on my doorstep, but not the room temperature beer!

• 27 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

Why do u have to get fingerprinted lol

• 27 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Biometric testing… part of the visa application process now.

• 28 Nov 2010 Nikki said

Nikki

True, weird.

• 28 Nov 2010 MissLiz said

MissLiz

So you all want to live in areas surrounded by kiwis?

Im complete opposite.. not that i dont love my country but i really want to get out of my comfort zone and away from the kiwis… so no shepherds bush for us! I went to surfers for new years 2 years ago and i swear half of chch went too!

Bunty – we are the same.. feb for our visa application.

Anyone interested in heading to Gallipoli for Anzac Day?

• 28 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

I don’t particularly care where I live or who lives around me so long as it is reasonably close to my job Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Nov 2010 Kelli-Sian said

Kelli-Sian

Im not trying to say I want live with JUST kiwi’s just that id rather live with a bunch of people that doing the same experience.. I don’t care where they are from!

• 29 Nov 2010 Millsy484 said

Millsy484

Hi guys, I’m also making the move to the UK next year, can’t wait!! I’m heading off Jan 13th so only about 6 weeks to go. I have no idea what kind of job I’m going to get, I just want something that pays enough money for me to travel!
    I’ve already lined up trips to Chzechoslovakia and Russia and can’t wait to plan more trips.
    And hi to all the NZ people here, I was born and bred in Palmerston North and Christchurch but have been calling Aus home for 15 years now.

• 29 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi Millsy! I wish I could go that soon, but I will be hitting the slopes in Austria when you shift! Are you looking at going to London as well?

• 30 Nov 2010 Millsy484 said

Millsy484

Sure am off to London! I have a friend of mine that has been there since Feb so she’s got a house that I can crash at.
    Hitting the slopes in Austria sounds AMAZING, I can’t wait to get to some European snow! How long are you going for? Is it a Contiki tour?

• 30 Nov 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Doing two tours – both with contiki! Winter wanderer, then ski austria. Away for 49 days in total! Soooo amped for it!!

• 2 Dec 2010 Explorer1213689 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I am going on a contiki 27 dec 2010 and planning on staying over there. As its a last minute decision to stay so i am going to try get a work visa from London otherwise ill have to come home to Chch NZ and then back again mid next year! i’ll keep up with these posts and would love to meet up with likeminded kiwi’s!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> good luck all!

• 2 Dec 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

Hi there! Might see you in London over xmas/new years! I am in europe from dec24 until feb8 with a few days in london, then i will come back for a few months then move over!

• 3 Dec 2010 Sian.afs said

Sian.afs
    quote:
    Millsy484

What trip are you doing in Russia? I’m quite keen to do the Trans-Siberian from Beijing to St Petersburg but finding the right tour company is a right pain!

How much are you guys all planning to take for day to day spending on your tours and for the whole setting up to live part in London? I get a headache every time I try to do my budget! It seems like everyone has different figures for how much you need and some of them seem insanely high.

• 5 Dec 2010 Bunty said

Bunty

I will have at least 100 euros a day… and as far as when I shift goes, I won’t be going unless I have a job to go to but will probably have 1.5 – 2k pounds I guess just in case.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion