Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt April 2007

21 Jan 2007 Nilima said

Default_avatar
Hi,
I'm signed up for the 10 day Egypt trip at the end of April (I think it is April 21 in Cairo). I'm getting in 20th April and staying at the Oasis. Anybody else going?
Oh and I don't think I've set up my profile properly, I'm 29, from Brisbane,Australia. Been on Contiki Greece, but was with a friend that time. Flying solo this time!!
Nilima
  • 23 Jan 2007 Lori123 said

Default_avatar

Hey Nilima! My friend Shawn and I are going to be on the same tour as you. We are both from Canada and Contiki is new to us, so I’m not sure if you automatically see my profile since I’m responding?? I just don’t want to give you a bunch of information about me if you can already see it!!

This will be our first time to Egypt and we are really excited. Shawn and I are both 29 (just friends), and have known each other since Grade 3.

I’d be interested in hearing from anyone else who is going to be on the tour so we can get to know each other before we meet. It’s going to a great trip!!

Talk to you soon.

Lori

• 28 Jan 2007 Nilima said

Default_avatar

Hey Lori,
    Yay, kindred spirits, it’s good to hear from you!! Are you getting in on the 20th and/or staying at Oasis? I can’t see your profile, or maybe I’m looking in the wrong place, but I’ve got the vital stats.

I’m about to get booted off my computer at the library so sorry if this seems a bit abrupt. Will post later,
    Nilima

• 29 Jan 2007 Jessiquita said

Default_avatar

Hi Lori and Nilima,
    My sister and I are also going on the Egypt tour at the end of April. We are from the US, I live in Chicago and my sister is currently teaching English in Northern France. I will be 27 on the Egypt trip and she will be 29 (seems to be the common age!). I am very excited as I have never been to Africa! This will be my first Contiki tour, my sister did the Morocco Contiki trip a few years ago. We both arrive the morning the tour starts and stay on one extra night at the end.
    Jessica

• 8 Feb 2007 Lori123 said

Default_avatar

Hey Jessica and Nilima. I’ve sent messages to your personal accounts, but I thought I’d post a general message to let you know that in case you didn’t receive them. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Lori

• 16 Feb 2007 lmcare said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,
    I just booked the end of March/beginning of April tour in Egypt and am so excited! I was wondering if anyone else in this forum is on this tour? I’m 28, from Washington DC, and will be traveling solo. Due to ticket restrictions, I am getting in a bit early and would like to do some exploring..maybe to Alexandria. Anyone interested in meeting up at the Oasis on early March 31st to buddy up for the day? Or does anyone have suggestions on tours to try that day? It looks like we have to be back by 7 pm that night. Cheers! Leah

• 18 Mar 2007 Tanya C said

Default_avatar

Hi guys. I’ve also booked the same trip departing on the 21st of April. I’m 31 from Newcastle ( 2 hour’s drive north of Sydney ) in Australia. I can’t wait to meet everyone. I’m also flying solo – first time ever. Been travelling before – but usually with friends. Is anyone doing any tours after this one?? I’m off to Greece next. Doing a tour there.

• 21 Mar 2007 rob1977 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone, My name is Rob, im 29, from Toronto and will be on the tour from April 21, and cant wait. I’ll be touring London for the three days before arriving in Egypt, so if anyone knows what the best things to see there let me know. I will be travelling alone, and I see that im not the only one. I’ll also be arriving in Egypt on the 20th.

Rob

• 24 Mar 2007 Nilima said

Default_avatar

Hi all,
    wow heaps of responses since I last checked!! Sorry to anyone who has emailed me and got no response, my world tour kicked off on Feb 3 in India so haven’t had a lot of spare time. Look forward to seeing you all in Egypt. I think a couple of people said they are getting in earlier, hopefully we can attempt to meet up evening of 20th. Maybe leave notes at reception??

• 4 Apr 2007 phoenix-rose said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys!

I’m 31, F, and from the USA. I am currently living in Berlin, Germany and going on the trip arriving in Cairo on the 21 April. I should be in to the airport on the 21 about 1 pm.

I too am travelling solo, but it’s not the first and won’t be the last time I’m sure. I booked this trip this week (yeah yeah I know last minute) because my work told me to use my vacation or lose it. Guess if I’m gonna use it, I’m going all out huh?

I’m psyched for the trip, and I can’t wait to meet everyone – this looks like a great bunch.

A couple thoughts – does anyone think we girls will need a headscarf when we go into the mosques? I think I’m bringing one, but not sure how strict the requirements are since the few offered on the tour will be kind of “touristy”.

Also, how much actual “cash” are you figuring on bringing? I’m thinking somewhere between 3 and 500.

Bye for now,
    ~Rose

• 6 Apr 2007 phoenix-rose said

Default_avatar

Hey Sarah!

Welcome. I’m sure this is gonna be a great trip!

(I was told again last night that I have Gypsy feet – I suppose it’s true! USA, Berlin, Brussles and now this trip in the last year!)

~Rose

• 10 Apr 2007 wetknee said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

I’m signed up for the trip departing on the 20th as well! I’m 25, female going solo to Egypt. I’ve never done a Contiki but have heard nothing but great things about it.

I will be in Frankfurt on business but arrive on the 21st early in Cairo. I would love to meet up with someone who is already there and walk around and explore.

~Whitney

• 13 Apr 2007 phoenix-rose said

Default_avatar

Ok I’ve got to say it…

1 WEEK until VACATION!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 13 Apr 2007 Lori123 said

Default_avatar

I hear ya, sista!!!! Can’t wait! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Apr 2007 phoenix-rose said

Default_avatar

We’re off to see the wizard.. It’s Today!

See everyone in a few days.
    Happy VACATION!

does the happy snoopy dance

~Rose

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.