Community_discussions_small  

Question

Power in Ecuador & Galapagos

15 Oct 2013 Nicky asked

Nicky

Hi

I'm trying to track down what travel plug converters I need to buy for my Galapagos & Ecuador trip next month. I'm feeling rather bamboozled by all the different types there are available and feel like I am going around in circles. I read somewhere that there are two different types of plug used in Ecuador??

Nicky

• 30 Oct 2013 Melissa said

Melissa

I cannot answer the question for you, but I am doing the Ecuador and Galapagos trip in December and was wondering are you flying in the day before the tour? Also are you flying out the same day as the tour or the day after? I’m traveling alone and not sure what I should book.

• 3 Nov 2013 Nicky said

Nicky

I’m flying in the day before and flying out the same day. Others are doing different though. We’ve been chatting in our Meet Up and folk are meeting up at airports or organising stuff to do together if they are staying longer or arriving earlier.

Definitely fly in at least the day before and book with Contiki the hotel for the night before. It’s where they tour intro is the night before and where we basically start from at 7am the next day!

Hope that helps, if you want to message me with more questions before the 15th and after the 29th feel free to do so! :)

• 8 Dec 2013 AllanM said

AllanM

Electrical power outlets in Ecuador are the same as in the US (110v).

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.