Community_discussions_small  

Question

What type of clothes to bring? May-June Euro Escapase

14 Mar 2010 Explorer1163508 asked

Default_avatar
Hi! Im going on the May 18th to June 13th European Escapade trip. I've read that temp will be around 13-20 in most areas? I'm not sure how accurate this is, though. So I was wondering what types of clothes to bring. I was thinking of bringing at most 2 blue jeans, a few shorts and leggings/warmers. Do you think shorts and leggings would be enough for warmth? So far, I only have short shorts. I thought that these are the lightest I could bring, at the same time most comfy to wear. Smiler
  • 15 Mar 2010 flipflop said

Default_avatar

I am also on this trip and really confused as to what to pack! Originally i was thinking of:

1 pair jeans
    1 pair trackpants (to wear on plane/bus etc)
    2 pairs of 3/4 length pants
    2 pairs of shorts
    Plus a couple of dresses (two going out and two casual, also packing tights to wear with these if cold)

I have since read a few conflicting reports of what to expect weather wise in europe at this time and am wondering whether i need to revise. Maybe i should take two pairs jeans and just one pair 3/4 pants?! Its hard trying to cover all weather possibilities and pack lightly Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

• 15 Mar 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Right before you go you can check the forecast for the first couple days of your trip to see if the weather will be warmer or colder to start, and make some adjustments based on that.

• 16 Mar 2010 Explorer1163508 said

Default_avatar

Hi Flippy! You’re also on May 18th escapade? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

True, there are a lot of conflicting posts about the weather, but I think the key is still to pack lightly. That’s why I wanted to bring more leggings instead of jeans. So far, I might bring:

2 pairs of jeans
    3 pairs of shorts
    9 leggings/warmers
    and of course a 3-4 dresses.

I’m a little worried though if shorts and leggings will be enough for warmth. During my US trip, it was also around 15 degrees, I just used warmers under my jeans.

I’m so excited for this trip!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Mar 2010 Explorer1163508 said

Default_avatar

Oh, and I’ll be definitely checking the weather a week or two before the trip! Thanks for the advice! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Mar 2010 flipflop said

Default_avatar

Leggings under jeans are a good idea… i might pack a pair of those too just in case. I’m kind of stuck for the top half though. At this stage i think i’m going to pack:

Half a dozen singlets / tanks / tshirts
    A couple of 3/4 length sleeve tops
    A long sleeve shirt
    Maybe a thermal top just in case?
    A waterproof jacket
    Warm Hoodie
    Cardigan
    Also a couple nicer / going out tops

I hope that will cover it! I suppose i can just layer layer layer if i start to freeze.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion