Community_discussions_small  

Question

What should I prepare before the tour starts?

10 May 2008 Naomi asked

Naomi
Hi there, Smiler

I'm Naomi. This is my first time to take this tour and I'm going to join in the tour “Wild western” from Sep. 24, 2008 to Oct. 07, 2008.

Does anyone also join in the tour during this period?

Hope to see you guys there and have fun!!

BTW, do you recommend any "must-go" places?
And what should I prepare before the tour starts? Confused Confused

Looking forward to your reply!!

P.S. this is my page:
http://www.myspace.com/naomishowbiz
and I also have facebook account!!
  • 11 May 2008 AussieDP said

Default_avatar

Great tour – did it same time of year – in 2002. My first overseas experience – loved it. Pack fairly light – you gotta lug it around – so keep it simple. Vegas Vegas Vegas – what a place. Not enough time to do it all – but a good start. Grand Canyon – magnificent. San Fran – excellent place. when I did it – there were 3 tours within the one – Wild Western being the longest – that others came and went on.

• 12 May 2008 Teeg said

Teeg

Hey Naomi

I’m doing the Wild Western in July this year. I will be of more help to you once I am back but I thought I’d tell you some of the things I’m going to do to prepare.

I’ve been keeping a list of stuff to get organised as I remember things.

- Make sure you get your passport early.. Might seem kind of obvious but I leave soon and still haven’t got mine!
    - Make sure you look into getting health insurance, also go to the dentist before you leave if you haven’t been in a while (my appointment is tomorrow Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->)
    - Decide how you want to organise your money. Credit card, travelers cheques, prepaid cash card?
    - Large backpack or suitcase? I’m taking a suitcase
    -Research the cities you are going to and decide what you really want to see and how to go about seeing it.
    -I’m also making sure I have allllll the music I can handle on my ipod for the long flights and bus trips.
    -Also to prepare I just read a lot of advice on the site and forum to get a proper of idea what to expect.

Anyway that is just some stuff to think about, maybe you have already done all of that. I hope this wasn’t too long!

Good luck Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.