Community_discussions_small  

Question

Which trips visit the Mauthausen concentration camp and the swarovski factory?

17 Nov 2007 Gezzykuh asked

Gezzykuh
These are two things I would like to see and I was wondering what trips visited them. Thanks
  • 18 Nov 2007 Mandy said

Default_avatar

I did the Ultimate European and we visited Both.

Out tour guide told us that we were not going to visit the concentration camp, however ‘decided’ to organise it for us because of demand. I have heard of a lot of other UE groups that have gone to Mauthausen also. It isn’t listed in the itinerary, but from what i have seen and heard, a majority go to some sort of Concentration camp.
    I have heard of some of the shorter tours going also, although im not entirely sure which ones. sorry!

• 18 Nov 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did the Euro Discovery, we didn’t do either, but we used some extra time to stop at Dachau Concentration camp.

• 18 Nov 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

My Panorama tour visited both sites.

Euro Experience visits Swarovski & Daschau (I think).

• 18 Nov 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Mauthausen is en route between Vienna and Munich. Its not going to be listed on the tour itinerary, and even if similar tours have visited you get no guarantee. Visits are up to the Tour Manager. However, as Mandy mentioned, if they say your not…pressure them Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Swarovski factory is visited by any tour that goes to ‘Austrian Tyrol’/‘Hopfgarten’.

So, I guess the best bet is to look for a tour of length and cost you’d like and then see where it goes.

You will need to travel on a ‘Summer’ itinerary, not a Winter one (most of them are unless they say they are Winter) as the Winter tours don’t visit Austrian Tyrol.

• 18 Nov 2007 Gezzykuh said

Gezzykuh

thank you so much for your replies they were so helpful Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Nov 2007 Nicky said

Nicky

Just looked and Escapade has both.

Nicky

• 26 Nov 2007 guitrchik3 said

Default_avatar

During my european discovery we did swarovski and dachau. I’m beginning to think my TM was beyond amazing!

• 1 Dec 2007 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

I did the Escapade this year and we went to both.
    the crystal factory was an option extra.
    the concentration camp wasnt, i dont know if my tour manager was pulling our legs but she just said that not all tours go there and its really up to the tour manager at the time.

• 2 Dec 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

It is up to the tour manager whether you go to a concentration camp.

If they decide you aren’t the type of group to appreciate it, or there isn’t going to be enough time, then I guess they’d give it a miss.

Most go though, but its never guaranteed.

• 2 Dec 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Contractually, what Contiki is obliged to provide to you as a Land Tour operator is whatever is specified in your itinerary or the offical tour description as outlined on the web for the tour in question. Anything above and beyond that is bonus.

- Vic

• 2 Dec 2007 Sarah4129 said

Sarah4129

I did the European Vista in Winter and we did both of them.

• 4 Dec 2007 Steph said

Default_avatar

in my official tour description it was never mentioned but our tour manager and bus driver took us to dachau concentration camp and swarovski on our euro inspirations tour

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion