Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Panorama 1-28 August 2011!

2 Nov 2010 dee-kay said

dee-kay
Who else is coming!? Can't wait!
  • 28 Dec 2010 Sarahmuffin4 said

Default_avatar

Hey mate, I just booked this trip! Can’t wait, it’s gonna be awesome!

• 3 Jan 2011 dee-kay said

dee-kay

Great news! finally we have someone joining us! My partner Kris and I are doing a 3 month trip starting in July and this will be in the middle of it. Only 6 months to go!

• 15 Feb 2011 Caz said

Caz

Hey guys i have also booked this trip! Glad to see theres others!! So exciting!! :D

• 16 Feb 2011 JennyM said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!

I have just booked to do this trip aswell. Really looking forward to it!

Where are you guys from? I’m from Melbourne.

• 16 Feb 2011 Sarahmuffin4 said

Default_avatar

I’m from sunny Queensland (or not so sunny recently) – my name’s Sarah and I’m 25. Caz and Jenny, are you guys flying solo for the trip?

• 16 Feb 2011 JennyM said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah. I’m 25 too but will be 26 by the time our trip starts. Yep, I am going on my own, first time travelling alone so am a bit nervous! How about you?

• 16 Feb 2011 dee-kay said

dee-kay

Hi guys! how exciting, two more people to add to the bus! I’m Diana, Kris and I will both be 25 on the trip. It’s my first time but he went when he was younger. We are from Melbourne too!

• 16 Feb 2011 Caz said

Caz

hey guys im flying solo….its also my first time traveling alone! I’m from melbourne…im 27. Im so excited but a little nervous as well!

• 9 Mar 2011 SJ said

Default_avatar

hey guys! my friend Danie and I (I’m a Sarah too btw) are going to be on this trip also! we’re both totally excited, its going to be part of a 3 month trip for us too :) we’re both from Sydney

• 12 Mar 2011 Atlantis said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone, I am going on this trip too.
    My name is Morewenna I live on the Gold Coast Queensland.
    Travelling alone and can’t wait!!!!

• 18 Apr 2011 Josh said

Default_avatar

Hi all, my name is Josh. My mate Jason and I will be coming on this trip,
    We have been planning and looking forward for this for a while. Should be a blast!
    We are both from Maitland(near Newcastle). And both 26 years old.

Catch ya’s soon :)

• 28 Apr 2011 dee-kay said

dee-kay

Good to see there’s more people joining us, and guys too! Kris was starting to get worried he’d be the only one… (or not haha). Have you all thought about how to take money on this trip? We’re looking into the Travelex, ANZ or Commbank travel cards to store our cash but there’s pro’s and con’s about them all!

• 28 Apr 2011 SJ said

Default_avatar

hey Dee…yeah I’ve been wondering the same thing, I think I may take a mixture of cash, travel card and normal debit/visa card, spread it out so its not all in the one spot, just in case something happens.

the travel cards are pretty good from what i can gather, they’re essentially similar to a visa/debit card with a fixed exchange rate (though this could be a pro or a con depending on which way it fluctuates!) – but has lower withdrawal fees, and no charge on in-store transactions.

i think the commbank card is the best one out of them from what i’ve read, it generally has lower fees to the other two and its handy cos you can put numerous currencies on the one card, whereas travelex and anz has one card per currency.

• 5 May 2011 dee-kay said

dee-kay

Yeah I think that’s the road we’ll take, put most of it on the travel card but keep some in the NAB visa/debit account. Now it’s just a matter of waiting for the right time to exchange!
    Not too sure about the wad of cash though, we’re going to Russia/Serbia/Macedonia before the UK and I’m a little worried that it will get taken at the airports haha! Maybe a few hundred euros to start.
    Not long to go!!!

• 5 May 2011 JennyM said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    I think Im going to go with the CBA travel card as it seems the best, especially as you can have multiple currencies.

When is everyone arriving in London? I’m getting there on the Saturday 30th July

• 7 May 2011 Atlantis said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    I am arriving early in the morning on Sunday 31st.

As for spending money, I’m going for a mix of cash, cba travel card and keycards and credit cards. That way there is always an option.

Has Everyone sorted out their travel insurance?

• 8 May 2011 Josh said

Default_avatar

Ill be bring cash card and cash over. we leaving on the 29th spend a night in Singapore and then fly into london on the Sunday 31st (morning) via Singapore Airlines.

I ended up just getting travel insurance through the travel agent.

• 9 May 2011 dee-kay said

dee-kay

Kris and I get into London on the 28th, Thursday. and we got travel insurance through our flight centre travel agent.

• 9 May 2011 Caz said

Caz

Hey guys im arriving a few days earlier. I arrive on the thursday. I also organised travel insurance thru my travel agent

• 9 May 2011 SJ said

Default_avatar

Danie and I’ll will be arriving on the 28th, Thursday as well.

As for travel insurance, both of us opted not to go with the ones offerred at the travel agents (Covermore I think?) I’m not entirely sure what my friend’s got, but I put mine through AAMI, I’ve used them a couple of times when travelling and never had a problem.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion