Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Just returned with some trip advice!

17 Jan 2007 WilliamC said

Default_avatar
we just arrived home from the January 6th to the 13th Italian Espresso.
My biggest complaint about the 8 day excursion was the fact that it was really a 4 day sight-seeing trip. After getting to our hotel in Rome on sunday evening, we didn't actually explore any areas until tuesday morning when we went into Venice. Monday was a write off with a 7 hour bus ride with 3 half hour stops. We left for Florence wednesday morning. 3 hour trip. we explore Florence wednesday afternoon and thursday morning. Now we leave for Rome thursday afternoon. 3 hour trip and we go on a walking tour of Rome. we check into our hotel around 9, then a dinner. by this time its 10:30pm. Friday morning we head to Rome again by the overly cramped metro. (long walk from hotel) this is probably the best day. You get to roam the city alone until 7pm. we have a dinner and walk the city till whenever.
Back to the hotel early saturday morning and get a few hours sleep before you fly home.
Holiday inn in Venice was great! Delta hotel in Florence was good with a fun bar, the hotel in Rome was small, no real bar, great breakfast, bad supper and no bath tubs. All hotels are a long way from the city centres!

Be careful with the extras, while some were good the dinners are pretty pricey. the free dinners at the hotel can be pretty bad too.
Venice and Florence dinners were good. the gondola ride is a must. the group pic is nice, the night club consisted mostly of the contiki group and not many locals. The final dinner was too pricey and not great. This was the last chance we got to see most of the people on the trip.
Remember this was just my observations but I'd like everyone to be prepared. Oh ya, the tour of the Vatican is cancelled..... we were Pi55ed

Safe Journey!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion