Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Sleeping Bags

21 Jan 2010 ryannz said

Default_avatar
Hi,

I read somewhere on this forum that when we start the tour in London you get given sleeping bags. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it included in the tour price or extra?

And if instead of starting in London you start in Paris do you still get a sleeping bag?

Thanks.
  • 1 Mar 2011 SamCarberry said

SamCarberry

No, your supposed to buy your own prior to your trip. Contiki do sell them if needed but i hear they’re a bit more expensive than one from a local shop..

• 7 Mar 2011 Explorer1237364 said

Default_avatar

but do we actually need the sleeping bag?

• 7 Mar 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

If you have booked a camping or concept tour you must bring a sleeping bag.

• 7 Mar 2011 tina.marie said

tina.marie

How do we PACK the sleeping bag? I won’t have room for it in my suitcase?!

are any of you doing the Expedition, june 20 departure??

• 7 Mar 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you’re coming from North America I believe your sleeping bag is included in the price of the tour and you will pick it up in London. If you’re joining in Paris then I would call contiki and see if something can be arranged.

You need a sleeping bag for the camping and concept tours, even if you go during the summer.

• 7 Mar 2011 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

Does anyone know what grade of sleeping bag would be best for late April?

• 8 Mar 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

Can I ask why do Americans get sleeping bags and noone else?

• 8 Mar 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I don’t know for sure why, but I’ve heard some theories about how culturally australians and new zealanders are more likely to own them for travel then North Americans (which includes Candians). I suspect it also has to do with how tours are packaged for different regions of the world – not just for contiki but for the travel industry as a whole. But it is not uncommon that tour prices will include slightly different things (aside from the tour) if you’re leaving from different regions: like North Americans have the hotel for the night before the tour included. Don’t worry, I have no doubt that we’re paying extra for that stuff.

• 8 Mar 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

Yep I was just curious- we Aussies don’t get a sleeping bag or the hotel the night before…

• 9 Mar 2011 Diana said

Default_avatar

as they status in the web there concept tour and camping tour must bring sleeping bag for sure that i know but i just wonder if it is really need to be use during the tour? does anyone join this tour before can share?

• 9 Mar 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I’ve never heard anyone say that you don’t need one, everyone has said you do need a sleeping bag. I believe at some campsites you can rent bedding, otherwise there is no bedding provided.

• 11 Mar 2011 Diana said

Default_avatar

well after i read others review i find out that really everyone do said need one … anyway thanks for sharing it helps alot…

• 7 Jun 2011 Loz said

Default_avatar

A friend and I are going on the european horizon and it states we need to take a sleeping bag, we will need this for one night (i think) and we do not have much room to bring one with us, we heard some where along the line that contiki hire them out does any one know if this is correct?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.