Community_discussions_small  

Question

Clothing for Europe?!

1 Apr 2007 Bec Barker asked

Default_avatar
Hi there!
My boyfriend and I are doing the 45 day Ultimate European tour starting August 12, finishing September 25 and I am wondering what clothes I should take?? It starts and finishes in London & I thnk it will be towards the end of their summer?

I'm aiming for 1x tracksuit pants for nights and bus, 1x jeans, 1x long cargo pants. As many T-Shirts and long sleeve tops to layer as I can manage. Long sleeve zip up jumpers / tops. Do I need to take a heavier coat for nights to go over jeans etc. when we go out?

Our tour also has a 5 night stay at Mykonos Resort in Greece half way through, will it still be warm enough for skirts and singlets etc.? I have no idea!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

Bec
  • 1 Apr 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

hey, definatly will get some warmer days for skirts it right on the end of europes summer then so id definatly take skirt/dresses otherwise you would be annoyed if you get a hot day and you only got jeans/pants.
    Im going sep/oct and il be taking a long skirt, shorter skirt and a nice dress aswell as my pants and warmer staff.

• 1 Apr 2007 Bec Barker said

Default_avatar

Thanks Ang

Are you taking a coat for nights when you go out?

• 2 Apr 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

hi Specca B
    yeah i just went and brought a new winter jacket to take because some parts in europe are colder than others but i got one thats not overly thick just nice and warm, for nights out if it was cold id take that and im also bringing a cute cardigan to wear for nights out at the places that are warmer.
    I wouldnt get a huge really thick coat for the time of year were going as i dont think it will get absolutly freezing just chilly in some places.

Road to Athens Sep 11th-Sep 25th

• 2 Apr 2007 Lieblingx said

Default_avatar

I always pack dresses because they’re simple and only one piece. I usually go for casual ones that, if need be, I can dress up. Greece will be still be warm in September so don’t forget your bathing suit!

• 2 Apr 2007 Lieblingx said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ang25:
    hi Specca B
    yeah i just went and brought a new winter jacket to take because some parts in europe are colder than others but i got one thats not overly thick just nice and warm, for nights out if it was cold id take that and im also bringing a cute cardigan to wear for nights out at the places that are warmer.
    I wouldnt get a huge really thick coat for the time of year were going as i dont think it will get absolutly freezing just chilly in some places.

Unless you’re going to Scandanavia, there’s no need to worry about it being cold in September. Just bring a light water-proof jacket. There’s no way you’ll need a winter jacket in September! If anything, it will just rain. If you have a cardigan and light jacket you’ll be fine. After all, it’s the end of summer/beginning of fall not December!

• 3 Apr 2007 Rachelh said

Default_avatar

Hi!

i have to say, the last few years summers have been very warm and August/ September can still have very warm days so definitely need skirts, dress, shorts etc for warm days. (You’ll definitely have warm days) Greece is still warm that time of year so bring a bikini, caus you’ll probably want to go to the beach. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Saying this you might have some colder/ rainy days too so you might want to pack a water proof jacket and long sleeves.
    I know….so much to pack and never enough space.. Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->

O and don’t forget open shoes (flip flops/ sandals) as well as water proof shoes for rainy days…

• 3 Apr 2007 Bec Barker said

Default_avatar

Thanks all for your advice – was leaning towards more warmer clothing than anything so will definietly rethink now!

Bec

• 5 Apr 2007 Sully1986 said

Default_avatar

but make sure u do have something warm, or at least stuff you can layer. I spent 2 weeks in london at the end of last august, and it was chilly, prob only 12 oC at night, and high of 20 during the day

• 6 Apr 2007 Ben1412 said

Default_avatar

now you have all got me thinking. i am on encounter tour in sept and i currently live in Cairns, Qld where it never gets below 20c day or night and i find it cold here sometimes… i seriously got to re-think my packing strategy

• 7 Apr 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lieblingx:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ang25:
    hi Specca B

Unless you’re going to Scandanavia, there’s no need to worry about it being cold in September. Just bring a light water-proof jacket. There’s no way you’ll need a winter jacket in September! If anything, it will just rain. If you have a cardigan and light jacket you’ll be fine. After all, it’s the end of summer/beginning of fall not December!

i have to politly disagree, if your like me and hate anything chilly you need a jacket, not a real thick one but i nice warm one, i get cold enough in australia and our climate isnt cold as much, im a sook when it comes to cold iv already started wearing my scarfes and ugg boots Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion