Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Spirit + Greek Island Hopping

20 Oct 2013 livyeah asked

livyeah

Hi!

Travelling solo next year as my friends are shocking at saving $$$.

Anyway, looking to do the European Spirit 22 day tour departing on the 16th July and then the 9 day Greek Island tour on the 9th August straight after. Is anyone else doing these tours or can recommend doing them?

I'm worried because the European Spirit tour isn't a guaranteed departure!

Can't wait for a European summer!

• 13 Nov 2013 Explorer1197660 said

Default_avatar

Hi! :)
    I’m looking to do the European Spirit as well! :) but in June though :/

• 19 Nov 2013 Nick said

Default_avatar

Hi Livyeah,

I used to be a Tour Manager on the Greek Island Hopping tours (finished up a couple of years ago) so while I can’t give you specific advice on the European Spirit I can 100% guarantee you will love the Greek Islands – those tours are some of the best in the brochure. The 9 day tour should be fine, you’ll get 2 nights on each island. Don’t forget though that at least half a day on each island is going to be taken up with travel (get to the ferry, wait for ferry, catch ferry, get to hotel, check in etc) which really means that you’ll have two nights and one full day to explore. This is fine – you’ll still get enough time to see everything you want, it will just mean full days.

If you really want to soak up the islands I’d suggest thinking about the 13 day ‘Greek Island hopping’ tour that goes to Myk / Sant / Ios instead. As far as I’m concerned it’s the star in the brochure – 3 nights on each island, and that extra day really makes a difference, especially if you’ve been touring the last 22 days before as well. It gives you the time to actually relax and turns the trip into a holiday (as opposed to sightseeing). BTW, Ios is a crazy 3 day party, Santorini will blow your mind hole with beauty and Mykonos is great for shopping and culture.

Best of luck with your travels!!

Nick
    www.thetourguidebook.com

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion