Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eastern Road or Berlin to Prague

4 Jan 2010 jlucca33 said

jlucca33
Hey all. I've been told the Eastern Road is the fun tour out of these 2, as the Berlin to Prague lets people off on theri own a bit more. As a solo traveler, I would of course want more company, which in turn would mean more fun. Anyone else doing this trip, or have done it already? I'm thinking of June 25th as a possibility, but havn't made it definite yet. Travel from New York to Europe gets a bit expensive during the Summer.
  • 4 Jan 2010 jlucca33 said

jlucca33

Correction, that should have read Berlin to Budapest.

• 4 Jan 2010 AbeL said

AbeL

I know what you mean about expensive airfare; I live in LA and it can be pricey from out here as well. To mitigate this I am going on the August 27-Sep 8 departure for Eastern Road. I did the Berlin-Prague trip last New Years and it was a blast. I want to do more of Eastern Europe and this trip fit the bill; plus, I didn’t really get to see all of Berlin that I wanted last time. So why not go later on this trip for slightly cheaper airfare and hot, but hopefully not sweltering, temps? A few peeps have already posted in that they are doing this tour in the ‘Eastern Road’ folder of the forum. Feel free to look me up on Facebook as well as ‘Ham Sanchez’ or by email eurodance2001@hotmail.com if you have any other questions. I’ve done 8 Contiki’s over the past couple of years since I turned 18 (I turn 30 this year).

• 6 Jan 2010 jlucca33 said

jlucca33

Well, you’ll be in the air 5 more hours than I, so I guess the price will be eve worse for you. At any rate, I just checked out that portion of the forum and it looks like your dates have a good selection of people already. (That was my other worry, how many people are actually interested in this tour as opposed to the more popular Greece, france, London, etc… trips. A a solo traveler, that cold be pretty boring. Yeah the heat might be another issue, but once again, I’ll do some research. Maybe I’ll be seeing you in August instead of going in June as the dates really don’t matter to me as long as I go, and as long as we get a good mix of people.

• 7 Jan 2010 AbeL said

AbeL

Actually, I already booked my air LAX-Berlin for August 26. I found a one way for only $600 on Air New Zealand/BMI which was a very good deal. A friend of mine work for United so she will hook me up to fly on one of her companion passes from London sometime in mid September. I just have to get to London from wherever I end up after the tour. I’ve been lucky that I’ve never had a bad group on my Contiki’s. There have been the occasional annoying people here and there, but as a whole it’s been pretty good. I like the fact that there already seem to be quite a few people for the August dates. I did the Contiki Berlin-Prague Dec 2008 and it was just a blast; great people and a lot of fun.

• 11 Jan 2010 jlucca33 said

jlucca33

Hmm, just got $802 round trip on expedia for a 1 stop flight on Brussels air. the next is Swiss Air for $949. Not to shabby. Your August dates are looking better and better. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Jan 2010 AbeL said

AbeL

Good prices indeed! I’m sure it will be an awesome time.

• 15 Jan 2010 QuartInSession said

QuartInSession

I did Berlin to Budapest as a solo traveller in October 2009 and had a fantastic time. Yes, you get some free time, but I saw that as a positive…and you won’t have any trouble finding people to sightsee with at all. Our bus had 48 people on it in October, so plenty of company to choose from.

I had been debating between that tour and Eastern Road as well, and the reason I went with BtoB is because I liked the idea of more nights in each place….that’s just my travelling style. I do think Poland would be great, though. I don’t really think you can go wrong either way. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Some of it depends on the group you get, but the trip is what you make it.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.