Community_discussions_small  

Comment

2011 Trips

2 Aug 2010 Linds said

Default_avatar
hey,

anyone looking at doing great southern starting in LA in april 2011?

I will probably be travelling solo, sooo excitied. i am finally going Smiler
  • 3 Aug 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hey There,

Not going on the Grand Southern but looking at the Grand Northern or Best of USA (when and if they put dates up). Thinking of July/August…

Travelling solo so keen to meet people before I go Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Nikki

• 5 Aug 2010 Hol84 said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking about doing both Grand Southern and Grand Northern one after each other. But if I can’t do both will be doing one or the other, just trying to choose! Will be planning to go in April or May 2011!

• 5 Aug 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Hi Hol,

I thought about doing the same thing as you, however it’s my first contiki and I thought it’s a long time to be stuck on one if I don’t actually like it haha.

• 5 Aug 2010 Hol84 said

Default_avatar

Haha – yeah good point. But from everyones reviews they seem to be both really good!
    I’ve done 2 Contikis in Europe which we had 3 days between the 2 and we were fine. But neither of them went for 25 days either.
    I think my choice is going to come down to money unfortunately Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 5 Aug 2010 nik_noodle said

nik_noodle

Ahhh ok. Yeah they both sound AWESOME. But I think I’m going to have to stick with Northern for now. And maybe the NY Explorer or something beforehand!

All a matter of timing I guess. Luckily for me I have the money saved, I’ve just put of travel because the friends didn’t have the money to do it…so now I’m just gonna do it anyway haha.

• 9 Aug 2010 katie85 said

katie85

anybody doing the grand southern, departing 2nd june 2011?

• 9 Aug 2010 Camo said

Default_avatar

Im looking at doing The best of USA tour Sept 16th 2011 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    about to go & book

• 11 Aug 2010 toddt85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hol84:
    I’m thinking about doing both Grand Southern and Grand Northern one after each other. But if I can’t do both will be doing one or the other, just trying to choose! Will be planning to go in April or May 2011!

I recently got back from a 3 month trip to the US. I did the Grand Northern and Grand Southern back-to-back and I have to say I had an AWESOME time on both. BUT, for me, the Northern has the edge. The National Parks are just amazing, especially Yellowstone – our group were lucky enough to get to do a hike through the snow, it was incredible. The Southern is great too, but definitely more of a party tour. If you want to be able to kinda relax and party occasionally – the Grand Northern is for you.
    Cheers. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Oh, and feel free to ask any questions you may have about the tours, I’m more than happy to answer/help you guys out. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 11 Aug 2010 MelissaAna said

Default_avatar

Hey there,
    I am planning on doing the great southern around april or may starting in LA and then on to canada for a working holiday at one of the ski resorts Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Am so Excited, im starting to save my pennies now! haha

• 11 Aug 2010 Linds said

Default_avatar

Hey MelissaAna

I was lookin at going across to Canada but dont have the time. I am looking to do the GS tour leaving LA on 14th April Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Are u travelling solo?

• 12 Aug 2010 veedub89 said

veedub89

hey,
    is anyone doing grand southern july 7th 2011 and the grand northern aug 5th 2011? just booked on them today and am so excited!!!! our first contiki tour!

• 24 Aug 2010 jamie said

Default_avatar

Hey

I was thinking of doing one of the first Eastern Escapade tours. Maybe in May or July.

Anyone else thinking of Eastern Escapade?

• 24 Aug 2010 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

i just came back from doing the grand southern and now i’m looking at doing the grand northern next year! i’ll be looking at around sept!
    if your looking at the grand southern its an awesome trip! i loved every second of it!!
    Karlie

• 6 Sep 2010 Explorer1174064 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by jamie:
    Hey

I was thinking of doing one of the first Eastern Escapade tours. Maybe in May or July.

Anyone else thinking of Eastern Escapade?

Hey i have just booked myself and my partner on eastern escapade in may next year Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Sep 2010 Caysarah said

Default_avatar

I am looking at doing the LA Explorer and then LA to the Bay in August 2011.

Anyone else? I’ll most likely be travelling solo.

• 12 Sep 2010 Elise said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I’m doing the Grand Southern departing NYC on Jan 14th 2011. Was wondering if anyone else was?

Elise

• 15 Sep 2010 Pamela said

Default_avatar

hey guys

anyone looking at doing Best of USA (start new york) in 2011? I’ll most likely be doing the July 3rd trip!

• 20 Sep 2010 Aimai said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Grand Northern June 17th 2011! Can’t wait! Have started a facebook group so join if you are too:

http://www.facebook.com/group….?gid=145882878786874

• 2 Oct 2010 brad said

brad

hi all

anyone doing the 4 day LA exployer starting the 26th june and 14 day wild western starting 29th june? i have booked already and keen to meet other people goin on it this will be my second contiki tour had a blast in the UK last year

• 3 Oct 2010 PennyJ said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!! Looking to do the grand southern may 19th 2011, getting excited now, just have to get the time off work!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion