Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mastercard in New Zealand?

3 May 2010 Chloe asked

Chloe
I've booked the Northern Highlights (start Auckland) tour just recently and have decided I'll be using my mastercard when not using cash to make purchases. A friend told me when he went to the Southern Island that most places he went to mastercard never worked and the shopkeepers either had to do everything manually or he ended up using cash.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it just the Sourthern Island? ... Help? Smiler
  • 4 May 2010 Bexicle said

Bexicle

hey i live in NZ & i hav a mastercard although iv only used it a coupl of times & never in the south island i think it should work all over NZ.

i think you should talk to your bank & see wat they have to say

• 4 May 2010 Chloe said

Chloe

Yeah I’ll be calling the bank first thing in the morning. Thanks heaps!

• 27 May 2010 melaniekate said

Default_avatar

Mastercard should work everywhere. I live in the South Island and have a Mastercard and have never had any issues. Perhaps it was his card that was the problem?

• 28 May 2010 Chloe said

Chloe

Yeah it must have been. Thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jun 2010 Kristy said

Default_avatar

I’ve just come back from doing the Grand Explorer and used my mastercard for all the optionals and some other purchases….never had a problem with it……Visa also works there as well

• 6 Jun 2010 kimmy said

Default_avatar

i live in nz and work in retail and i understand what the problems are.check with ur own bank at home whether you can add a PIN number makes it easier and often more accepted

• 29 Jul 2010 leisioz said

Default_avatar

i went last year to both island and my worked everywhere

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion