Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Great britain/Southern Ireland may 7th-21st 09

23 Oct 2008 duetpod said

duetpod
hey my names Dani ,Im from Perth Western Australia. iv'e booked onto this tour and would love to chat to others doing this one im a lil bit nervouse but very excited
bring on may
  • 13 Nov 2008 Co said

Co

Hey My name is Carolynne and I’m from Ottawa, Canada. I booked the same tour, just booked it today actually! It should be exciting.

• 15 Nov 2008 duetpod said

duetpod

hey its good to see im not alone im getting very excited .

• 19 Nov 2008 HMDC said

Default_avatar

Hi Dani and Carolynne! My name is Holly, I’m going to a put a deposit on this tour today, I’m so excited! I’m going with my boyfriend.
    I’m just scared that something is going to go wrong… arrgghh!
    I live in Tasmania in Australia, but I’m actually from Melbourne. I hope the tour goes ahead for these dates and not at different dates. :S

• 19 Nov 2008 KateDubillyew said

KateDubillyew

I will be there also!
    My names Kate and Im from Auckland, New Zealand
    Feel free to add me to messenger, would love to talk about the trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Nov 2008 KateDubillyew said

KateDubillyew
    quote:
    Originally posted by HMDC:
    I hope the tour goes ahead for these dates and not at different dates. :S

Im sure it will as the 7th was a guaranteed departure date Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 20 Nov 2008 HMDC said

Default_avatar

Yeah, but then at the travel agent yesterday I was advised to take out “gold seal protection” which was $89 per tour. The agent said this is because there is always a chance the tour dates might change, and they are able to change the dates up to 45 days prior to departure. The “gold seal protection” just means you don’t have to pay extra to reschedule dates and stuff…
    I’m guessing it probably wouldn’t be too likely that it would change though. I hope not, anyway! That would be such a pain.

I don’t use msn, because I already waste so much time on Facebook lol. Does anyone have Facebook? I also have Myspace, if that’s any good to anyone. =]

• 1 Dec 2008 duetpod said

duetpod

hey i wouldnt worry to much bout the dates from what ive read on here they dont change them much .
    i use facebook and also waste too much time on there Danielle emmott is where u can find me
    only 5months and 5 days to go yeay

• 13 Dec 2008 Robert said

Default_avatar

Hi all!

I’m Robert from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but don’t hold that against me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I just signed up for this tour yesterday and am certainly looking forward to it.

• 14 Dec 2008 duetpod said

duetpod

hey robert , we wont hold where ur from against you for too long anyways.glad to have you on board good to see ther is a few more ppl booked puts my mind at ease that we wont get cancelled.

• 16 Dec 2008 Co said

Co

Hey Robert. As long as you don’t bring your maple leafs jersey, I won’t hold it against you. LOL. It feels good knowing I’m not the only Canadian going!

• 16 Dec 2008 HMDC said

Default_avatar

What’s wrong with Canada, Robert? It looks like a beautiful place. A friend of mine has just moved to Golden, and apparently one day it was minus 25 degrees celsius! I can’t even begin to imagine what that would feel like. LOL

We’re going to the UK at a great time of year, weather-wise. It should be fairly mild. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m so excited!

• 16 Dec 2008 Robert said

Default_avatar

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Canada, Holly, and it is a very beautiful place.

I just tossed that note in there because I said I’m from Toronto, and there are some people who think everyone from Toronto is arrogant and self centered because there are many Torontonians who think Toronto is the best city in the world. I’m not one of them. I have no idea which city in the world is the best, but it is not Toronto. And our Mayor’s and idiot Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I too am glad to not be the only Canadian on the trip, Carolynne. And don’t worry, I’m not that big of a hockey fan; at least to the extent that I’m quite certain I’ll never hear the words “…and the Leafs have just won the Stanley Cup…” in my lifetime Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Cheers!

• 8 Jan 2009 Ally Cat said

Ally Cat

Hi All. My name is Alicia and I am going on this tour. It’s my first Contiki Tour and i am very excited and also a bit nervous. I am from Qld, Australia and would love to get to know anyone before I go.

• 8 Jan 2009 duetpod said

duetpod

hey Alicia im Dani glad to have u on board . only four months to go im also getting excited but nervouse i wont have enough money . i live in perth W.A .What day are you leaving aus and who are you going with ? i think we are all a bit nervouse bout going but im sure we will have a blast . a few of us are on facebook you can find me by Danielle Emmott if ya want to catch you round

• 8 Jan 2009 Ally Cat said

Ally Cat

Hey Dani great to hear from you. I’m worried I won’t have enough money either. I’m leaving Aust on the 5th of May. I stop in Singapore for a few hours then get to London at 5am on the 6th. I’m travelling alone so it will be very scary. I don’t actually have a facebook page. Who you travelling with and when are you
    leaving?

• 9 Jan 2009 duetpod said

duetpod

i Leave perth on the 5th as well at 6am but im goingwith emerites so im going via dubbi i get into london at 850pm ish on the 5th . Im also traveling on my own so its a bit scary but im sure it will be ok ppl do it all the time . im hoping to catch up with a few ppl i know im london on the 6th and apart from that and finding a sim card for my fone while im over there .

• 9 Jan 2009 Ally Cat said

Ally Cat

Hey. I’m doing some stuff in London on the 6th too. I’m gonna go for a ride on the Eye and get my bearings. Good liuck with the phone card. Whenever you want something it’s always hard to get. I’m trying to get some spare memory cards for my camera coz I’m going to take lots of pics. I’m not gonna take my phone coz it’s one more thing I would probably lose. I’m a little like that. Is anyone planning on doing anything after the tour or are you just heading home?

• 10 Jan 2009 duetpod said

duetpod

I was going to try and get on the eye but im not too sure if ill be able to afford it my hours are about to be cut due to the economic crissis so im having to look for a 2nd job so i can enjoy my time over there . i too am looking for a couple of memory cards hoping to get some for my birthday which is only 8 days before i leave so we shall see.im staying in the uk for about a week with family in the north of england my flight leaves the day after we get back to london at 4 pm so i wont be in london much after we get back .

• 10 Jan 2009 Ally Cat said

Ally Cat

You’ve been snapped too by the eco crisis huh!. I got really lucky. I was able to get my job just before evrything went up the creek. A friend of mune lost her job coz of it. I hope you are able to find a good job before London. That’s cool that you have known family in the UK. I’m actually gonna do a bit of a search while I’m there coz the pub my grandad was born in is still around. His dad owned it too so you never know, I might find a long lost rellie while I’m there (pigs might fly too). Have you been to the UK before?

• 10 Jan 2009 duetpod said

duetpod

yeah the crisis has hit pretty hard over here i should only loose 5 hours a fortnight but that still works out at bout $100-200 a fortnight down which sucks but not much i can do cept find another job as well as the one i already have wold mean more tax but extra dollars.Would be cool if you could find rellies in the uk i was born there so most of fam is still there ive only been over a few times for funerals so not really the best of times when i was there and didnt really stay long or see much .im hoping to have enough money to hire a car so i can take my grandad out and my cousin and her lil one as well while im there to blackpool and maybe even manchester if we feel up to it.what do you do for a job ?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion