Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Time on bus

19 Nov 2009 Courtney said

Courtney
Hi everyone!
A friend and i have booked to depart for the european visit on the 19th June 2010. Just wondering what the longest time you spend on the bus is? i was reading through the day to day activites and noticed that one day seems to be just travelling?? is this correct?
thanks! Smiler
  • 20 Nov 2009 Danielle said

Default_avatar

Hi Courntey,
    I went on the European Encounter in April last year. The longest we spent on the bus was about 5 or 6 hours, but only because there was a HUUGGE traffic jam. There are strict rules for how long the drivers can drive for, so you are always stopping for breaks. But you do have plenty of time to discover the places you visit!
    You will have a great time!

• 20 Nov 2009 LorneB said

LorneB

The bus rides are long, but it gives you a chance to meet and mingle with your tour mates or get caught up on some sleep.

• 21 Nov 2009 chickadee2309 said

Default_avatar

Hi Courtney…i have just returned from the European Vista tour. It was absolutely amazing. I can’t remember exactly what was the longest bus day….but some of them can be pretty long. Some people hated the bus, wheras i didn’t mind it. there was always something to look at. You stop every 2.5 hours for a service stop to get food and so the coach driver gets a rest. I think there was one day where we left at 8:00am and didn’t get to our destination until 5:00 or 6:00. Somtimes the bus days are good to recover and rest from the full day of sightseeing and going out the day/night before.
    If you have any questions about the vista, let me know coz i’m always happy to help.

Cheers,
    Mel

• 22 Nov 2009 Courtney said

Courtney

thanks everyone for your help! just wanted to be prepared for the long rides! but i guess it will be a great time to recover and catch up on some much needed sleep!

Mel, do you have facebook or an email address that i can contact you on if i have any questions regarding the vista? thanks! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 24 Nov 2009 chickadee2309 said

Default_avatar

hey courtney…yeh add me Melissa Arnell networks State government of Victoria :-) i’ll be happy to help you out with anything

• 24 Nov 2009 Courtney said

Courtney

thanks Melissa!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion