Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spanish Spree (Winter) 20 Dec 2010

14 Jun 2010 Simon said

Default_avatar
Hi people

Just wondering if any one's signed up or planning on going on this Spanish Spree trip in December? I'm keen to do it but just wanna see if there're travellers to Spain in winter . . . ?
  • 8 Jul 2010 Adventurer101 said

Default_avatar

Hi Simon
    I’ve signed up to go on the 27th departure, travelling on my own for the first time and thought this tour would be great for NYE!
    what dates were you looking at?

• 8 Jul 2010 Simon said

Default_avatar

OK Cool, yeah I’ll see about the 27th too then . . . Off on a Contiki by myself today so will sign up to the Spanish one when I get back!

S.

• 10 Jul 2010 Sinead said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

I’m thinking of doing Spanish Spree in December too. I did a European Contiki over last Christmas/New Year and it was great, but a lot of places were closed around 24th-26th Dec,and we were pretty restricted in what we could do, so I’m thinking maybe the 27th departure would be better than the 20th. I’d really like to see more of Spain so this tour sounds ideal. I’m from Ireland and I’ve done 3 other Contikis.

Sinead Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Jul 2010 Adventurer101 said

Default_avatar

That sounds great!
    I have already secured a spot on the Spanish spree for the 27th, I hope you decide to go on the tour too Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I am very excited about New Years in Spain, I heard the atmosphere is great. I’m from New Zealand, so the weather is similar to Ireland Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 12 Jul 2010 Sinead said

Default_avatar

I am defo going to go on the tour. I hear that NYE in Barcelona is great, I was there before but in the summer. And I’m hoping to go to NZ next year, so cool!

And we will defo have a great time if Simon is with us…… Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 12 Jul 2010 Adventurer101 said

Default_avatar

FANTASTIC!
    Great we will keep in touch for sure Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    YAY I know one person Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> haha

Simon I hope you decide to come along too… NYE in Spain here we come WOOHOO Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 13 Jul 2010 Sinead said

Default_avatar

I booked the tour today, yay!
    Now for the waiting part……. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Jul 2010 Adventurer101 said

Default_avatar

I soooo can’t wait!
    Make sure to keep tabs on here before we meet up in Madrid Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> When do you fly in Sinead?
    I get fly into Madrid in the morning and I think we all meet up round dinner.

Hey do you have an idea on budgeting each day? I’m at a total loss! :O

• 15 Jul 2010 Mia said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    Thinking of doing this tour in dec 2010!
    Never done a contiki beforeSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> What age range are you all.

Cheers,
    Mia.

• 18 Jul 2010 Sinead said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

I’m planning to fly in on the 27th, it’s only 2 hours from IrelandSmiler<!--graemlin::)--> All of the flights arrive between 10-11 in the morning so I’ll be there early. The pre-departure meeting and dinner should be around 6pm.

About budgeting, well, the optionals for this tour come to about €160. Then there’s 6 nights dinner isn’t included so you’d need to allow about €20 each to cover those nights. Then the rest depends on how much you drink and what souveniers and stuff you would buy. Allow yourself at least €50 per day over and above the optionals, and add to it if you want to drink much! But that’s just a rough idea, it is hard to tell what different people will want to spend. www.spain.info is a really good website, there’s loads of tips on it.

Mia, I’ll be just turned 29 when we go on the tour. Every other Contiki I’ve been on there has been every age from 18-35, there’s usually a good mix.

Sinead.

• 18 Jul 2010 Adventurer101 said

Default_avatar

Sinead you are wonderful Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Thanks for the info, it’s definitely given me a better idea on how to budget!
    Soooo excited about the trip…. I just want this month to be over and done with already :O

Mia I just turned 29 and was a little nervous that I’d be too old for a contiki but I have had so many people support and reassure me on the forums that I no longer feel unsettled. Hope you decide to jump on the band-wagon! Good luck Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 26 Jul 2010 Explorer1200036 said

Default_avatar

Anyone here going on 10 Jan 2011?

• 26 Jul 2010 Simon said

Default_avatar

Hey guys

Cool I’ve signed up for 27th Dec as well . . . will be my 4th Contiki in 15 months . . . just came back from one on the weekend . . . See yous soon.

S.

Default_avatar

ok…i dont like the uncertainty of departing on 10 Jan. So I’ve now signed up for 27 Dec! I’ll see you all there!

Default_avatar

Btw I’m travelling solo for the first time as well. A little scared, but heard good reviews from many other solo travellers.

• 28 Aug 2010 Seta said

Default_avatar

I just signed up for the 27th departure as well. This will be my first trip with Contiki. I’ll also be travelling on my own. I’m 33…so no worries, I’ll probably be the oldest female on the trip. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Can’t wait to meet up with all of you in Madrid!

• 29 Aug 2010 Adventurer101 said

Default_avatar

Soooo can’t wait to get this tour started! I’m counting down the days Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> It’s my first time too Seta so no worries! See you all there Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 30 Aug 2010 Jono said

Default_avatar

Hey ive just signed up for the 27th departure as well. I’m going to be in Italy beforehand on another contiki tour and will then be joining this one afterwards.

I’ll be travelling on my own as well, but ive done it before with another contiki trip and trust me when I say no one has anything to worry about!!

• 31 Aug 2010 Leila said

Leila

hey everyone, Im 21 from toronto and going alone on this tour.
    Hopefully departing on the 26th, is anyone else going around my age or planning on going alone?

Im really nervous and apprehensive about going on my first contiki alone

—Leila

• 28 Sep 2010 Simon said

Default_avatar

Hey guys
    What’s everyone details we should catch up on Facebook prior to the tour . . .
    Look me up on simon2.chan@baml.com

Sinead and I already know each other from last year so it’ll be cool to meet more people . . .

Just turned 30 this year travelling alone from Sydney

Catch yous all soon . . .

S.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion