Community_discussions_small  

Comment

To Anyone who been on the tour already

10 Jul 2008 Salvatore said

Default_avatar
This is for anyone who already been on this tour to give us some feedback.Since this is a new tour there is not much info
  • 22 Jul 2008 Huey8 said

Default_avatar

Hey all,

I started in Riga last month & went right thru to Copenhagen(finished 14/7). Had a blast and would be happy to give any specific info you’d like to know.

Huey

• 31 Jul 2008 Clemmie said

Default_avatar

Just got back from doing Russia and the Baltics (Riga to Stockholm). I agree it was an AWESOME trip. Natka1 is right on the mark about her eval on this tour. I would encourage booking an extra day at Stockholm, if you can’t continue on to Copenhagen. Unfortunately, we Americans can’t get more than 2 weeks off at a time. I would have loved to continue on the tour. Word of advice: bring cards and a lot of patience. We were stuck at the Russian border for 6 1/2 hours. If you’re not the patient type then start from Moscow. We still had a blast, bonding at the border. When you start at Moscow, it’s harder to bond with those who started at Riga. In the end, I would still start at Riga. Oh, for you guys out there, be careful of scams. A bartender in Riga asked one guy on our trip if he would buy a drink for two girls. He didn’t think anything of it, and agreed. It cost him 90 Lats, roughly $180 USD.

• 12 Aug 2008 Explorer1088419 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the feedback! I’m excited for my tour next week! What’s the weather like? I looked online yet it has every day with “chance of showers and mid 60F”…. is that right? what did you wear both at night and during the day? Is any of the night life fancy?

• 18 Aug 2008 Chameleon said

Default_avatar

I did just the Scandinavia half of the trip (I believe I joined as Clemmie left posibly)
    The weather was beautiful, it only rained one day (when we were in Oslo), it was never humid, I would say mid 20’s to 30"s.
    Yes there was always a chance for rain as we went but we relly lucked out.
    The scenery was spectacular in Norway, just don’t worry about the higher prices in Scandinavia and enjoy the time, I did it was great. You have time and get to bond with your fellow new recruits to the tour and the many people that stay from the Russian half. I too would definately go again.
    I also did all the optionals if you have any questions.

• 20 Aug 2008 Explorer1109773 said

Default_avatar

How rough is the white water rapids optional excursion?

• 22 Aug 2008 Carrie said

Default_avatar

I loved the whitewater rafting! Our guide was rather dictatorship like (she was mean!!), but the rapids themselves were intense! Category 3-4 rapids. This was my 4th time rafting, and I had a great time. Yes, the rafting itself was only about 2hrs, but you know that when you sign up for it. Alternatively, you could stay behind in Voss, but my friends who did so were so bored. There really is nothing to do in that town.
    As for the swimming test – essentially you jump off a ‘cliff’ into the rapids and swim for your boat. Everyone passed :-)

• 14 Oct 2008 Sare said

Sare

;

• 19 Feb 2009 Jen said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Moscow to Copenhagen tour which starts on Sept 3rd 2009. Was just wondering from anybody who’s already done any of the tour which optional activities you rated and which would be best to skip?

• 30 Mar 2009 Little_Hayce said

Little_Hayce

Hey guys, I’m going to be doing the Russia & Scandinavia tour starting from Moscow on the 27th of August. I’m travelling by myself and after reading some of your comments i’m hoping it wont be too hard to “bond” with the group- what do you think? would have loved to start in Riga but i’d miss my brother’s wedding- the reason why i’m in europe in the first place lol
    Btw was wondering what optional activities you’d recommend?
    Cheers :-D

• 7 Apr 2009 Tammy said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

I just want to check.. does this mean the 10 day Scandinavia trip that begins in Stockholm on 22 August is actually joining in with a tour that started in Russia???

Thanks!

• 7 Apr 2009 said

Default_avatar

Yup, The tour that starts in Riga merges with the tour that starts in Moscow, then the tours from both Riga and Moscow merge with the tour starting in Stockholm.

• 14 Apr 2009 TravelBug said

TravelBug

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the laundry situation is like? Do the hotels have laundry service available?

• 11 Jul 2009 Callan said

Callan

Hey I’ll be joining in on 27th August in Moscow… looking forward to it Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Cal.

• 14 Jul 2009 Callan said

Callan

Little Hayce – I’m in the same boat as you. Moscow 27th. Cal.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion