Community_discussions_small  

Question

17 May - 31 May 2008 anyone?

4 Dec 2007 Melanie asked

Melanie
Hello all,
Anyone coming on the 17 May to 31 May 2008 tour?

Mel
  • 19 Dec 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

I am Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Going to be spending 5 days in London beforehand as well.

Brian
    brij75@yahoo.com

• 8 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey Brian, I am also going to be in London for a week prior to the start of the tour! Where abouts are you staying?
    Mel

• 9 Jan 2008 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Hey Melanie,
    Still deciding if I should stay at the Royal National or somewhere else such as the Cavendish.

• 9 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey Brian,
    I’ll be staying at the Generator Hostel, which is apparently right near the start of the tour.
    Mel

• 9 Jan 2008 Loogie said

Default_avatar

I haven’t heard of that hotel. Do they offer a better rate than the Royal National?

• 10 Jan 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

I believe so, its a hostel. It looks pretty cool, plus you get some free tours included. Check out this website http://www.generatorhostels.com/london/

• 4 Feb 2008 Explorer1088663 said

Explorer1088663

Hi Melanie,
    My partner Michael and I will be on the same tour. We are staying at the Royal National. Is it a dodgy hotel? We are actually doing the 33 day European Explorer followed by 2 days off then onto the UK/Ireland tour. Should be a really full on few months but I am so excited and cant wait! First time overseas for both of us. Hope to hear from you. Carla Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 6 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hi Carla Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Nice to meet you here. Wow your going to have a great few months esp since your travelling for the first time! I’m doing Egypt and the Nile, European Experience and then this one, so I can’t wait! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Travelling for 2 months Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Where abouts are you and your partner coming from? As for the Royal National Hotel, I’ve got no idea what it is like. I’m going to be at the Generator Hostel which I believe is actually near the Royal National.

Everyone can feel free to contact me mel220485@hotmail.com or facebook Melanie Lewis

Talk soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Mel

• 6 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

lol just noticed all the smileys hehe

• 10 Feb 2008 Explorer1088663 said

Explorer1088663

Hey Melanie,
    Great to hear from you. We are coming all the way from Alice Springs, Australia so very far. We arrive on the 11th of April and do the European Explorer for 33 days then 2 days off in London then start the UK/S Ireland tour then 2 days again in London then off to Paris for 7 days and then a couple of nights in Singapore on the way home. I know its a little premature but I am really getting worried about packing. How can we be expected to pack lightly when we are away for such a long time? I am really going to struggle to stay under 20kg but I guess I will have to find a way. Hope to hear from you again. Carla Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> Go the Smileys

• 11 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Thats quite an intinery! Well Carla we are practically neighbours! I’m from Brisbane. Regards the packing, I’m still not sure yet either. I’m sure that I will leave it till the last minute to pack anyway haha. Makes it harder too having such varying temperatures like Egypt to London. lol. Talk again soon! Mel Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 12 Feb 2008 Explorer1088663 said

Explorer1088663

Ah your a Brisbane girl. Love brissy its an awesome city and great shopping too. I think I will just pack half my gear in my partners bag. You know blokes.. they pack hardly anything so I will just off load my crap into his case lol. Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 14 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

haha great idea! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Feb 2008 PETE83 said

Default_avatar

gday all.
    hows everyone? only 12 wks to go. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i’ll be joining u on the tour as well. i’m flying into manchester from melbourne on the 8th, spending a wk in liverpool with a relo. i’ll be staying in london the nite before we go n possibly the nite before that too. i’ll also be having my 25th b’day on may 25, so we’ll be in dublin or galway. :) after this tour i’m going on the european magic june 9-17. flying home on june 25th.

Pete
    pddanher@hotmail.com

• 20 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey Pete, Welcome. It seems we are all doing quite a bit of touring! I cant wait, 7 and a bit weeks till I start my Egypt tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Its great that you’ll be having your b’day whilst on tour (I have mine on Euro Exp in Paris Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> )

Feel free to add me to msn or facebook.

I look forward to meeting everyone very soon! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 21 Feb 2008 Explorer1088663 said

Explorer1088663

Hey Pete,
    Welcome!!! Sounds like we have a few aussies on tour. Should be awesome fun and not long to go now. Michael and I both have our Birthdays in Ireland as well 27th May (Mike) and 28th of May for me. We are both turning 26. So sounds like we will have a fair bit of celebrating going on and Ireland should be the place to be with all the pubs – Can’t wait. Carla Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Feb 2008 Joanna said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys! My friend France and I are going on this trip. We’re both from Canada. This is the only tour we’re doing Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> We only have a certain amount of time off before we have to be back home haha It sounds like you’re all going to have awesome trips! Can’t wait for this!

• 23 Feb 2008 PETE83 said

Default_avatar

hey all.
    cheers for the welcome, so cant wait to get over to the uk to meet u all. and gday and welcome to joanna and france.
    sounds like we’ll be partying hard from my b’day all the way thru to carla’s! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> as for mel, u could have the 26th if no one wants it..but i hope u have a blast with ur bday in paris.
    everyone can feel free to add me to ur email list and contact me thru that or find my Myspace page, display name is PETE83

• 24 Feb 2008 Melanie said

Melanie

Hey Joanna! Oh and Pete one can always have a second birthday lol. Can’t wait til Europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Feb 2008 PETE83 said

Default_avatar

well, we could always make it our get together date every yr for drinks somewhere…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion