Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Highlights 2010

25 Aug 2010 alyssa! said

alyssa!
I went in June 2010... just finished typing it up... memory fads as it goes and diary stops being written in.

http://www.travelpod.com/trave...ldtravel/3/tpod.html
  • 26 Aug 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

You frame your photos very well. They all look really good.

- Vic

• 22 Nov 2010 Carrie EuroFugg 2011 said

Carrie EuroFugg 2011

Hi Alyssa!

Wow your review was awesome!!! I have about a million questions for you if your happy to answer?

* Is there breakfast available on the ferry from England to France? My friend and I are staying at the Royal National and Iv heard that people just take the continental breakfast ‘to go’ lol
    * I was of the opinion that France & Italy were all Contiki cabins, yet you mention that the first night in Paris is at a hotel….
    * Where does the group stop for their snails & champas before the city of lights tour?
    * My friend and had decided to purchase Eiffel tower tickets prior to leaving Australia, do you recommend this or does Contiki supply them as an option?
    * Did you feel comfortable/confident using the transport in Paris – im worried I will get ridiculously lost lol
    * Changing in the car park lol?
    * Not that you would definately know but is the introduction thing on the bus over a live mic a usual occurance?
    * What are the usual starting points of the day (time of morning)
    * Do we stay at a campsite at Avingon?
    * Im guessing that Nice is not too far away from Avingon? Is it easy enough to get there etc?
    * the TM provides maps everywhere we go each day?
    * Do Contiki take you inside the Collesseum?
    * What other tickets do you recommend we purchase prior to leaving to avoid ques?
    & What do you recommend in Munich for sightseeing? as we dont have much time there
    * Is the paddlewheel boat in Amsterdam an optional on Contiki or did you find this yourself?
    * What are the showers like at campsites?
    * I was horrified when reading your blog about being robbed while you slept! that sucks! and Contiki should put in better security measures for the campsites with the paper thin doors & walls. I hope this issue has sorted itself out by next June Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> otherwise im sleeping with my bed against the door lol

Your blog provided so much info that my friend and I are going to find very helpful!!

Cheers

• 23 Nov 2010 Mel the aussie said

Mel the aussie

i’ll try to answer if you like… i went in september

quote:
    * Is there breakfast available on the ferry from England to France? My friend and I are staying at the Royal National and Iv heard that people just take the continental breakfast ‘to go’ lol when you stop in Dover you have about half an hour or so to get some food but they recommend getting some fruit the night before because the RN kitchen doesnt open before you leave.

Where does the group stop for their snails & champas before the city of lights tour? I’m not sure what the place is called but you stop there on the way to the caberet show
    My friend and had decided to purchase Eiffel tower tickets prior to leaving Australia, do you recommend this or does Contiki supply them as an option? No contiki doesnt supply them its up to you on your free day in paris if you want to visit it. though if its a ticket on time that has a time limit (ie. 9-10 window) i wouldnt buy it. it took us 3 hours to get to the top take a few pictures and get back down and that was in september which is suposed to be a not so busy time.

* Did you feel comfortable/confident using the transport in Paris – im worried I will get ridiculously lost lol We entered the station and looked at the map and went oh **** i hav no idea to where we need to go especially coz there was 2 notre dame stations… but the guy behind the counter was helpful. basically he said to us 2 stops so at the 2nd stop we got off… its so not as bad as the italian trains but not as easy as londons.

* Changing in the car park lol? You get changed on the bus in a car park… in same sex groups of course

* Not that you would definately know but is the introduction thing on the bus over a live mic a usual occurance? uhh i hav no idea what you mean but the TM uses a mic if thats at all what you ment.

* What are the usual starting points of the day (time of morning) It depends on the place really… if its a long travel day sometimes you leave by 745 or 8 if its not such a long day it could be 830 or 9… though 1 day we werent ment to leave till 9 but the breakfast was at 715 so our TM changed it to us leaving at 8 so we didnt hav to wait around.

* Do we stay at a campsite at Avingon? No its a day stop there for a few hours or so.

* Im guessing that Nice is not too far away from Avingon? Is it easy enough to get there etc? Its a few hours… but Antibes where the contiki campsite is, is not that far from nice.. a half an hour train ride. but suprisingly it goes really quick

* the TM provides maps everywhere we go each day? Each morning on the bus or the day before the TM will hand out a map. our TM highlighted the common interest places.

* Do Contiki take you inside the Collesseum? Its an Extra but yes you get to go inside with a tour guide.

* What other tickets do you recommend we purchase prior to leaving to avoid ques?& What do you recommend in Munich for sightseeing? as we dont have much time there We saw the Glockenspiel chime and saw the markets did a bit of shopping but thats basically it… but then again we got to Munich late coz of traffic. as for tickets it really depends on the website. i said i was going to pre order some things but it really isnt all that long to wait in ques… cept for the eiffel tower of course but that mostly was waiting for the lifts inside not for the tickets.

* Is the paddlewheel boat in Amsterdam an optional on Contiki or did you find this yourself? Its an optional and so much fun lol

* What are the showers like at campsites?They were crappy but in places like that they generally will be… though Rome was good once you figured out how to use it lol. amsterdam hotel filled right up to half way up my shins. they didnt drain very well. but they are just normal showers with not much preassure

* I was horrified when reading your blog about being robbed while you slept! that sucks! and Contiki should put in better security measures for the campsites with the paper thin doors & walls. I hope this issue has sorted itself out by next June Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> otherwise im sleeping with my bed against the door lol Just lock your door at night and whenever you not there. also i slept with my valubles (passport) but i never felt in any danger of my stuff being taken while i slept it was mostly for my own piece of mind.

I hope that helped a bit Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion