Community_discussions_small  

Comment

scenic southern

3 Nov 2007 Kel Bel said

Default_avatar
Hey Smiler I'm a 28 year old gal going it alone. I'm booked on the scenic southern tour NZ departing christchurch on the 26/12/07 are any of my fellow travel buddies out there ????? would luv to hear from you Smiler I'm not to sure what to pack Frowner is NZ cold in december ?
  • 22 Nov 2007 PH_girl1977 said

Default_avatar

Don’t know about the weather but I got some good advice from people who live in NZ, don’t bring an umbrella, it’s of no use, instead bring a light rainjacket that you can fit in your pocket.

Dress up in layers and you’ll be fine. :-)

• 27 Nov 2007 amf2007 said

Default_avatar

hi there, i did the scenic southern recently and we had the best weather possible. it was warm every day so my advice to you would be not to fill your suitcase with winter clothes, one waterproof jacket and 1 thick sweater is enough. The sun in NZ is extremely harsh so it feels a lot warmer than what it is!
    the only times when i was cold was on milford sound ealry in the morning and fox glacier (a jacket is provided for the fox glacier hike).

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion