Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big West plus Calgary Stampede 25th June 2014

23 Oct 2013 Ella asked

Ella

Hi is anyone else doing this tour?? Can't wait!

• 1 Feb 2014 lauren18 said

lauren18

Hi Ella. I am trying to get on this tour, unfortunately I was a bit late trying to book! Fingers crossed someone has pulled out so I can jump in because I have already got myself so excited for it!!

• 3 Feb 2014 Ella said

Ella

Hopefully you can get in! There is always someone that pulls out last minute. Yeah I’m really excited for it too :) Counting down the days. Can’t wait for the calgary stampede.

• 7 Feb 2014 Ella said

Ella

Yay Lauren you made it in!

• 7 Feb 2014 lauren18 said

lauren18

I know you wrote back to another post somewhere but i cant find it anywhere! I am from Goulburn NSW. Where abouts are you from? When are you flying over to LA? I am still yet to book my flights and organise some accomodation for the day or two before the tour.

• 8 Feb 2014 Ella said

Ella

I’m from Hervey Bay in Queensland. Its about 3 hours north of Brisbane. I also haven’t booked flights yet, but need to get onto it! But I’ve booked accommodation at the hotel the contiki tour leaves from. I’m staying at the Miyako Hotel on the 23rd for 2 nights before the tour. Doing twin share so its cheaper :)

• 8 Feb 2014 lauren18 said

lauren18

I feel like I’m missing some kind of documents! I have not had anything telling me about meeting up with another tour group or about where the tour leaves from etc. or maybe I just haven’t read what I’ve got properly!!

• 8 Feb 2014 Ella said

Ella

Don’t worry! I only learnt from previous contiki tours :) I did 2 tours of America last year and they both had groups joining and leaving throughout the tour. Contiki also does pre and post accommodation before and after your tour for up to 2 nights. If you book through your travel agent they should book you into the contiki departure hotel. I think it’s the Miyako in LA and the Sandman in Vancouver. (At least I hope so!) You have the option to go in share accommodation where they try and put you in a room with someone from your tour. It’s a good way to meet people before the tour :) I think there is a bit in the brochure about it or you might be able to find more about it on the website. Hope that helps you out a bit!

• 8 Feb 2014 lauren18 said

lauren18

• 21 Feb 2014 Brad......... said

Brad.........

I just booked this tour :-)

• 21 Feb 2014 lauren18 said

lauren18

Hey brad! Where are you from?

• 21 Feb 2014 Brad......... said

Brad.........

can’t wait!!! Less than 4 months to go!!
    I’m from Waikato, in New Zealand
    When do u arrive?

lauren18

I land in LA on the 22nd June. I am staying at stay on main which is apparently not far from the miyako. How about you?

lauren18

Do any of you guys have Facebook?

• 22 Feb 2014 Ella said

Ella

Hi Brad! It’s coming up so fast!! Yeah sure do Lauren:) Mine is www.facebook.com/ella.parr or I think if you search Ella Jade Parr I’m the only one. My friend Anne has also just joined this tour. Apparently it was closed and opened up again briefly and she got on too.

• 22 Feb 2014 Brad......... said

Brad.........

Arrive in LA on the 20th late at night. Staying at a hotel by Disneyland. Move to the contiki hotel night before tour.
    Have you gotten into meet up yet? Wanting for new booking reference number.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.