Community_discussions_small  

Comment

layover in Philadelphia

20 Mar 2008 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar
I have a 6 hour layover in Philly before heading to Greece. Is it easy to get into the city from the airport? I've never been there and would like to at least see the city, if only to avoid sitting in the airport and grab a Philly cheese steak. Any advice would be appreciated!
  • 20 Mar 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Interesting … Geno’s & Pats steakhouses are ~13 miles NE from the airport. I-95 up all the way. 2 famous landmark 24 hr restaurants facing each other. Maybe you can get 1/2 a sandwhich from each and tell us which is better !!!

- Vic

• 4 Jun 2008 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar

Thanks to a canceled flight on my return I’m now staying the night in Philadelphia… which happens to fall on July 4th! I’m actually pretty stoked it happened, yeah I have to pay for a hotel now but originally I was going to be stuck on a plane while fireworks were going off. I cant think of a better place to spend the 4th and I’m sure there is TONS going on in the Philly that night. Any suggestions?

Also, I’ve been looking at hotels in the downtown area. The Philadelphia Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn are two possibilities, which one is in a better location?

• 8 Jun 2008 wanderlustFL said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the tips, guys! We have Maggiano’s in FL, too. Yummy! Can’t wait for a Philly cheesesteak…

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.