Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Want to do Eastern Discovery, but no idea how to go about it-HELP

9 Mar 2007 Ezza_1989 said

Default_avatar
Hey I’m turning 18 this year and I want to do the Eastern discovery sometime next year. I’ve never even been out of western Australia, let alone the other side of the world! So as you can imagine, I have no idea how to go about it. If you could answer some questions I’d really appreciate your help.

*What’s the best time to go?
*Does contiki include flight costs? Can you book your flights through contiki?
*What’s it like if I were to go alone?
*And what would the overall cost being, including spending money, meals etc. I only have about $6500 saved up at the moment, and I’m not sure if this is enough.

If you can give any other advice I’d really appreciate it. Smiler
  • 9 Mar 2007 Jediress said

Default_avatar

I’m doing The Grand Southern and Big Apple Explorer in about 2 months.

i recomend going to a local travel agent and talking to them about your best bet. i booked my tour in November to get the early bird discount and my flights (most of my flighs i still need one from Wahington DC to LA) at the Flight Centre EXPO.

I’m doing 2 tours plus Celebration IV and an extra week in Washington for 4th of July and about an extra week in LA/Disneyland aroung CIV before my tour and i’m looking at about $15000 flight tours and extra accomendtion is costing about $10000 (i’m going to be in the US for about 6/7 weeks all up first time overseas and going by myself)
    go though some of the other post for what ppl have to say about traveling in the US under 21 and doing Contiki tours

• 15 Mar 2007 Ezza_1989 said

Default_avatar

Hey thanks for the advice. I heard about USA’s stupid drinking laws, and even though I’m not into drinking at all, I guess it would be better to go later on, since I would be able to join in if I wanted-it also fits in better with my study.

What was you’re wild western like?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion