Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Moulin Rouge v Nouvelle Eve

26 Jun 2007 *Jesika* said

Default_avatar
Hey guys...im doin the European Whirl starting 6th July and have just received all my documentation and optional activity information only to realise that Moulin Rouge isnt an optional in Paris Frowner. Instead the tour takes you to a caberet show called the Nouvelle Eve!!!

For those of you who have been, is it possible to do the Moulin Rouge by yourself or does everyone go to the Nouvelle Eve cas i really dont wanna go all the way 2 Paris and not go to the Moulin Rouge...

Thanks for any help!!! xxx
  • 27 Jun 2007 torbanger said

Default_avatar

This is just my opinion (I don’t leave until Monday!)

Whilst the Moulin Rouge is AWESOME, Nouvelle Eve is much of the same for much cheaper. Nouvelle Eve is 69 Euros for dinner and show yet Moulin Rouge is 99 Euros for just the show.

Most of your tour mates will go to Nouvelle Eve. Saying that, if you have your heart set on Moulin Rouge, go, but you will miss all the fun that your tour mates are having and not understand the stories they’ll be telling the next day. It’ll be a good way to get to know your tour mates at the start of the trip and a superb way to end your tour too if it’s in reverse!

Also, you have to book well in advance and unless you have a travel buddy, you don’t reeeeallly wanna go on your own do you??

hope thats helps Confused<!--graemlin::confused:-->

• 28 Jun 2007 PJ said

Default_avatar

I did the tour last year (a year ago today) doing the 21 days camping. The Moulin Rouge is across the street so if you meely want to see the outside and have a photo you can. We were told that the Nouvelle Eve show is better then Moulin Rouge but who can compare without seeing both. If you are dieing to go the the Moulin Rouge go as it is a once in the life time experience, although you might be going by yourself. Also Contiki will not wait for you to finish the show before going back to the hotel/camp site, so you will most likely (unless you can go to a show that finishes at the same time as the Nouvelle Eve) have to get a taxi back.

Do I regret not going, yes for the first few days, but then I got over it.

NOTE: Contiki is a good company, but they do get money from getting us to do things, think about what you want to do and why.
    The Tshirt is not worth it (buy up big in italy from stalls though)
    The bike ride in Amsterdam. Yes
    Beerhall (we were there by ourselves which was a let down) alot of alcohol and dancing. Yes if you like that stuff.
    Dinners are generally ok unless you saw somewhere in the city yourself.

Generally you can get rides into the city with the contiki bus and then go your own way and meet up later if you want (you will be told this) and by the end of the tour we were going out as little groups to go to bars, cinema, shows, shops. Just go as a group unless you can handle things going wrong by yourself.

You will hear about people taking medication along. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! start taking multi vitamins now and throughout the tour as there is such a thing as the contiki cough, alot of people are coming from winter areas and have the cold which then goes through the group for the whole tour. Take Cold and Flu tables with you as well as panadol! It is fine to give away medication to other people but make sure you have enough for yourself. During our trip 4 people went to hospital (out patients) for cuts, tonsilitis, larengitis. Take measures to help prevent theses.

And have fun!!

• 29 Jun 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

I thought Moulin Rouge was good, however unless you find people to go to Moulin Rouge with BEFORE the trip, then I would go to Nouvelle Eve. I would guess that they are the same thing, but Moulin Rouge is just better quality. In the end it’s just girls dancing in cool outfits. I wouldn’t get too sucked in by the name.

• 29 Jun 2007 bing4 said

Default_avatar

Hi

I have been to both.

Moulin Rouge-Incredible theater-very large and they cram a TON of people in. The show was good, but we were sitting towards the back of the theater.

Nouvelle eve-Much smaller theater. We were actually sittingg at a table next to the Stage. There is not as much nudity here as the MR.

I enjoyed them both. The MR is a little more flashy. It just depends on the type of venue that you prefer.

• 29 Jun 2007 *Jesika* said

Default_avatar

thanks 4 all your help…i think i will check with my other tour mates n if there is a group of people who want to go to the moulin rouge ill go with them otherwise ill deal with it and go to the nouvelle eve!!!

Thanks again!

• 22 Jul 2012 Kiwikarly86 said

Kiwikarly86

The Nouvelle Eve show was great. They put all us Contiki people in the front next to the stage and give you bottles of Champagne as well. Basically the same as Moulin Rouge so don’t worry. We all had photo’s outside the Moulin Rouge and felt that was enough. You won’t be disappointed :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion