Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Contrasts - Laundry Opportunities?

2 Apr 2009 Britters. asked

Default_avatar
Hey. Im going on the European Contrasts tour on August 29th, just wondering from the poeple who have been on this tour, which cities give you the opportunity to do laundry?

Thanks.
  • 2 Apr 2009 ashleejoanne said

Default_avatar

hey there i did this tour in june last year, first off, you are going to have the time of your life!
    I believe that there was washing machines at the paris campsite, but i didnt use them.
    French riviera there are washing machines, but they take ages, i was doing mine at 2am!
    There is a washing lady in rome, you pay like 10 euro for a big bag, totally worth it. But go there as soon as you get to the campsite the first night, she closes at like 10pm. OR there are self serve washers there to do it yourself.Its cheaper, but go to the washing lady, everything gets ironed and folded!
    Venice there are washers and driers.
    Prague there are washers a dryer, but be prepared to wait, theres like two machines for the whole hostel.
    Switzerland, there are washers in the chalet.
    The hotel in amsterdam also had a laundry service, very good and very quick!
    Hope this helps, and have an awesome time!

• 2 Apr 2009 Britters. said

Default_avatar

Wow thanks. What time of the year did you go? Any other advice you could give – like clothes, money, random things to take…?

• 3 Apr 2009 ashleejoanne said

Default_avatar

As for clothes, i only took like one going out outfit, but seriously, take at least two. At least.
    I went in June-July, so it was really hot most of the time. But it does get cold in Switzerland, especially if you go up the mountain (DO IT by the way, its the best optional of them all!), so take at least one set of warm clothes. I took two pairs of jeans and was glad i did.
    There was a lot of theme parties at the campsites, and you cant exactly plan for these as to what to wear, but take a lot of different coloured tops and stuff, be prepared for anything!
    I budgeted about 4000 euro for the whole trip, and i bought a heap of stuff. and i came back with at least 500 euro still. But its better to have too much money than not enough. And allow a lot more money than you would think for alcohol, you will spend it, believe me.
    Take an ipod.
    Definitely take some antibiotics, everyone gets sick and going to hospital in Greece especially ive heard is not a nice experience.
    Get a quick dry towel, they are a god send.
    And as for a beach towel, take a crappy old one and throw it out after Corfu. You wont need it again.
    I found it was good to have some pounds and euros in cash at the beginning of the trip, i had about 100 of each, jsut incase you cant get to an atm.
    I cant think of anyting else at the moment, but if you have any questions, my email is ashleejoanne@hotmail.com feel free to ask anything!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.