Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.


Question about being underage in America

9 Dec 2008 Olivia said

I was just wondering, for anyone who's done the Eastern Discovery tour, how many activities/places you go where you need to be 21+ ? Is it just clubs? I am not underage here (20), but will be in America if I go next year.
  • Read the responses 2 responses so far
  • 10 Dec 2008 Kristen M. said

    Kristen M.

    You have to be 21 to go into pretty much every club or bar in the U.S. During the day time, you can generally go into a bar, but can’t sit at the bar. At night, it’s too crowded and difficult to check ID for everyone ordering at the bar, so they check ID on the way into the bar/club.

  • 13 Dec 2008 cdm115 said


    Some areas will have clubs for under 21 or may allow under 21’s in but wont let them drink. If going out to clubs and drinking is important then you should reconsider traveling to the US after you turn 21.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.