Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Winter Wanderer March 2011

6 Jun 2010 Blossom1989 said

Default_avatar
Hi

A couple of friends and I will be doing the March 19 2011 Winter Wanderer and I was wondering if anyone else on here will be going on that same one? I am so excited, even though it's still 9 months away!

Dara.
  • 10 Jun 2010 Joanna said

Default_avatar

Hey Dara.

Hows it going? I booked this tour last week and I can’t wait! I did contiki NZ last year and loved every second of it so I’m hoping this one will be just as good, if not better! I’m travelling by myself as I did last year but I’m doing another tour at the end of this one so for me a real trip of a lifetime! I’m Jo from Adelaide, SA. 9 months will hopefully fly by!

Cheers

• 10 Jun 2010 COURTNEY21 said

Default_avatar

hey joanna and dara i have booked also i am a 21 brissie girl travelling solo so excited going to be a blast are you staying in london longer after the tour?

• 10 Jun 2010 Blossom1989 said

Default_avatar

Hi girls =]
    Hopefully the next 9 months will fly by. I’ll be in London for 3 nights before and 3 nights after the Contiki, staying at the Royal National (Contiki’s London start point). Are you guys going to have any extra time in London either side?
    I’m from Newcastle btw.
    I’m really excited!

• 13 Jun 2010 Joanna said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I’ll be in london 2 nights before the tour – also staying at the royal National. I’m doing a second tour after this one, great britain and Ireland so may be in london for a week in between the tours. Cant wait!!

• 13 Jun 2010 COURTNEY21 said

Default_avatar

im having 3 days in ireland for st pats day then a night before tour at the royal national and 3 nights after also at royal then a month in london flying back and forth places

• 24 Jun 2010 aussie1990 said

Default_avatar

hey,

The more i read about this site, the more excited i get to just escape Perth and get over to Europe! Im 20 and looking at booking a contiki in March sometime to explore the rest of Euro after working over in London for a few months, just not 100% sure on specific dates yet.

Enjoy saving for the next few months! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

Hey guys, My name is Karina, i’m 22 from NSW Australia.
    I’m looking at doing this tour on the 19th March also.
    I shall be booking within the next week or so.

• 5 Sep 2010 Explorer1195623 said

Default_avatar

Hey Dara, Jo and Courtney,
    I have also booked this trip…very excited!!! I live in Adelaide now but im originally from Scotland.
    Im planning on staying in London the night before and after the trip. Cant wait
    Gail x

• 13 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88
    quote:
    Originally posted by COURTNEY21:
    im having 3 days in ireland for st pats day then a night before tour at the royal national and 3 nights after also at royal then a month in london flying back and forth places

hey courtney! i’ll be doing the same..arrive in dublin on the 14th and stay for st patricks day (wooooo) and then fly to london on the 18th, staying that night at the royal national before the tour starts the next day…and then staying on in the uk to work Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

where in ireland are you going to be?

• 15 Sep 2010 Joanna said

Default_avatar

Only 6 months to go now!! Half of the tour is on this thread I reckon!! Can’t wait to head over there now, massive saving ahead!

• 15 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

6 months seems sooo long away, but i deff need that time to save $$ lol.

we should make a facebook group a bit closer to the date…or now!! haha

• 16 Sep 2010 Blossom1989 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!

I’m so excited about this trip =] I can’t wait to be over there. Just think, this time in 6 months we will be!

I agree a facebook group is a good idea. I just made one and called it Winter Wanderer 19 March 2011. Join if you would like =]

• 16 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

Awesome. I’ll join it now!

anddd i just paid my deposit today Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> yaaay!

• 17 Sep 2010 lauraj said

Default_avatar

I can’t seem to find the fb group?

Can someone please post a link? Thanks !

Karina I’m glad you decided the Winter Wanderer over the Vista, they don’t get to go to Barcelona so I’m sure ours will be heaps better Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88
    quote:
    Originally posted by lauraj:
    I can’t seem to find the fb group?

Can someone please post a link? Thanks !

Karina I’m glad you decided the Winter Wanderer over the Vista, they don’t get to go to Barcelona so I’m sure ours will be heaps better Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m glad i decided on the winter wanderer too, it seems more popular aswell. yess we get to go to barcelona and berlin..so definitely a better choice.
    so you’re doing the 19th march one too?

heres the fb group link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/gro…0885517259495&ref=ts

• 18 Sep 2010 lauraj said

Default_avatar

Thanks, I found it. No idea why I couldn’t see it before!

I should add that I’m from Brisbane (but originally from Newcastle), travelling with my fiance. Just turned 27 (eek how did that happen?) We will probably be the old ones in the group by the sounds of things but I don’t feel any older than I did at 21 so hopefully it’s all good! Neither of us have been to Europe before either.

• 18 Sep 2010 Karina88 said

Karina88

As the old saying goes “your only as old as you feel” lol.
    where in brisbane are you from? i only moved back home to port macquarie from brisbane in march!

• 23 Nov 2010 Explorer1219196 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys
    My name’s Bianca and my best mate and I are heading to London on the 18th of March 2011, to start the Winter Wanderer Contiki tour on the 19th.

I’ll be 24 when we arrive on the tour and my best mate Kristy will be 22.

There may be a third girl coming with us. Not too sure yet.

I’ve got a zillion questions, from powerpoint adapters, to currency exchange and visa debit cards to how many kgs we can take with us and what to do with our pre paid mobile phones to get usage out of them overseas.

Hope someone can help?

I’ve just joined the contiki group on facebook, I can’t WAIT to go, meet you all and travel the world!

• 23 Nov 2010 Blossom1989 said

Default_avatar

Hi Bianca =] I’m Dara.

I’ll be in London from 16 March and I’m 21.
    About the things you mentioned: you will need 2 different powerpoint adapters, one for the UK and another one which works everywhere else in Europe. Currency exchange at the moment is pretty good with the Euro up around 72c AUD. It’s upto you when you exchange your money but I’ll defo make sure I have at least some local currency for when I land. I’ve been told it’s better to have a travelex card rather than Visa but if you want to take a visa debit card it will be best to open a new account rather than take the card you have for your every day account, just in case you lose that card. On the Contiki bus we’re only allowed 20kgs in our main luggage but we can have a carry on bag with about 6kg in it. I’ve asked a few people about the best way to contact home and they have all said that the best idea is to get a pre-paid sim while we’re over there.. But I’m going to look further into this =]

Hope this helps!

• 28 Nov 2010 Explorer1219196 said

Default_avatar

Hi Dara,

Thanks for all that information, certainly helped. I feel a little left in the dark, ie; you know how much we can take etc, and I didn’t know that…. How do you know

I thought we would only need an adaptor for the Europe, why do we need a UK one?

I will certainly have exchanged all my money before I get there, just not sure whether to do it now or closer to the date.

Where abouts are you from

Look forward to meeting you! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion