Community_discussions_small  

Question

is a latin aerican person welcomed on a Contiki tour?

15 Mar 2008 Ana Paula asked

Ana Paula
Hi, My name is Ana and I am from Brazil. I am going on the Southern Irland tour next July. And after reading lots of posts I realized that nobody apart form Americans, Aussies and Canadians something wrote on the Foruns. So, I satarting thinking if a latin American person can be welcomed on a Contiki tour. It's my first trip, so I am really nervous and at the same time extremely excited..So I do need your opinion, guys!!
  • 15 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

Thank you for you reply.. I know that race probably is not a serious issue, but this my very first contiki trip that’s why I am really insecure about things. I’ve been your contry as well in Oz, in fact I lved in Sydney for 6 months , so I know that kiwies and Aussie people are usually easygoing and very warm. I guess I just wanna be sure about everything…
    And I accept your drink invitatio, in case we meet someday Lol

• 15 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

I forgot to ask you..when are you going?

• 15 Mar 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Yes, North Americans and Aussie’s, & Kiwi’s to some extent, tend to make up the majority of people on the European tours. But in my experience, most people that are open to travelling are open to all that goes with it- new cultures, new people, etc.

I had a guy from Colombia on one of my tours, and a girl from Argentina on another. The only issue was neither of them knew much english, so communication was a bit of a challenge. Your english appears excellent though, so that should not be an issue for you.

Good luck!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

it’s good to know that from time to time some lost Latin Americans travel on Contiki tour. And communication for sure won’t be a big deal for me because I work as an English teacher here. The only bad thing is that my typing skill really sucks, sometimes I write everything wrong..but I guess everybody in the end, understand what I mean..lol..and thank you for your kind reply.

• 16 Mar 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ana Paula:
    Hi, My name is Ana and I am from Brazil. I am going on the Southern Irland tour next July. And after reading lots of posts I realized that nobody apart form Americans, Aussies and Canadians something wrote on the Foruns. So, I satarting thinking if a latin American person can be welcomed on a Contiki tour. It’s my first trip, so I am really nervous and at the same time extremely excited..So I do need your opinion, guys!!

It’s no problem at all … we had an Argentinian woman and some South African sisters on our tour and they were treated no differently than anyone else.

• 16 Mar 2008 work2travel said

work2travel
    quote:
    it’s good to know that from time to time some lost Latin Americans travel on Contiki tour. And communication for sure won’t be a big deal for me because I work as an English teacher here. The only bad thing is that my typing skill really sucks, sometimes I write everything wrong..but I guess everybody in the end, understand what I mean..lol..and thank you for your kind reply.

You are so very welcome! And don’t worry one bit about the typing. English is my first language but my typing totally sucks! I’m seriously hopeless on msn. People get the general idea- you don’t have to be perfect! Don’t give it a second thought. Go and enjoy!
    Salud.
    Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 16 Mar 2008 Geoff C said

Geoff C

I’m also going by myself so I know how you feel. I’ve never left the country so I’m trying to work out every little possible issue to make sure I don’t end up stranded!

quote:
    I forgot to ask you..when are you going?

I’m doing European Whirl August 28th 2008.
    I’ll be in England for about a month before my tour.

• 16 Mar 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

Absolutely you are MORE than welcome to join a tour!

I had 3 girls from Venezuela on my first tour and 2 Mexican’s too; on my second tour I had two girls, from Brazil! I still talk to both of those girls, if you want to talk to them to put your mind at ease, let me know and I will put you in touch.

• 16 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

Thank you everyone for the support!!! Pina if it ‘s really possible I’d like you to to put me in touch with these Brazilians girls,it ‘d definaly calme me down.
    BTW, I’ve read a lot of posts about age range, and I am 31 already. And in all the foruns people say that a lot of really young people travel in July. But I only have vacations on school breaks( ‘cause I’m a teacher)So is it that bad traveling in July? Are the younger crowd really anoying?

• 16 Mar 2008 Megan0870 said

Default_avatar

Praha,

How many languages do you know ? Better yet where do you find time to learn them? I’d love to learn french & german before i go but i just have no time.

Megz

• 17 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

Paha,

How do you know Portuguese? I know for a fact that a lot of Brazilians live in your country ( A country that I personally find amazing!!) So did learn the it from a Brazilian or did you attend a language School? I am curious now…haha
    My trip won’t be that long anyway, just 9 days. I just asked about the teen behavior to know what I’gonna face..anyway I find a way to have fun in this trip..like I’ve alredy read this forum..it is all about attitide..
    And once more thank your for all the replies!!

• 18 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

Paha,

Don’t worry I can help you in everthing you want. I am an English teacher , right? So can teach you portuguese, then when you come to Brazil you will be fluent!!!!
    I will send you my msn for us to talk more
    See ya

• 18 Mar 2008 Dom said

Default_avatar

I, for one, happen to love Latin women. Who doesn’t?

• 18 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

Dom,

I really don’t know what you meant by that..Can you elaborate a little bit more your reply?

• 19 Mar 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Thank you everyone for the support!!! Pina if it ‘s really possible I’d like you to to put me in touch with these Brazilians girls,it ‘d definaly calme me down.
    BTW, I’ve read a lot of posts about age range, and I am 31 already. And in all the foruns people say that a lot of really young people travel in July. But I only have vacations on school breaks( ‘cause I’m a teacher)So is it that bad traveling in July? Are the younger crowd really anoying?

No worries – I have just emailed them both to make sure it’s ok for me to give you their emails. When I get the OK from them I will pass their details on to you…be in touch soon.

• 19 Mar 2008 Dom said

Default_avatar

Ana,
    I was just joking around. I have a lot of Portuguese and Lantina friends who are a little crazy Wink<!--graemlin:;)--> but they are great!

You are going to be fine. It seems like the type of crowd that goes on Contiki is the type who really doesn’t care about race or nationality. Instead they are eager to learn and embrace other cultures

• 19 Mar 2008 Ana Paula said

Ana Paula

Dom,

Thx god! You weren’t meaning anything bad about me. Because sometimes Brazilian girls tend to behavior too crazy in my modest opinion, they forget very often moral bounderies( if u know what I mean ….). I know how toenjoy things, I am people person, but I never forget what my family taught me
    And I really enjoy meeting new people, specially if they are from other countries. I have a lot friends in Sweden, Australia and even in you country. In fact I spent my last xmas and New Year in the USA. I can tell you that I had great time there!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.