Community_discussions_small  

Question

Has anyone gone on the Golden Fleece tour?

24 Jul 2009 Melkat83 asked

Default_avatar
My roommate and I are going on the Golden Feece tour in October and we were just wondering if anyone have been on that tour?
  • 31 Jul 2009 LorneB said

LorneB

B4GRmi jzxocmboxstw, [url=http://eeantrjdlpai.com/]eeantrjdlpai[/url], [link=http://ixflbewgjxta.com/]ixflbewgjxta[/link], http://qvkqcbthvoam.com/

• 3 Aug 2009 Melkat83 said

Default_avatar

wow is it really that bad, it is listed under the superior trips?

• 4 Oct 2009 michelle80 said

Default_avatar

Melkata83,

I just got back from doing this cruise and I LOVED every minute of it. JUST COS U DIDNT LIKE IT, DOESNT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE MAY NOT LIKE IT

• 4 Oct 2009 LorneB said

LorneB
    quote:
    Originally posted by michelle80:
    Melkata83,

I just got back from doing this cruise and I LOVED every minute of it. JUST COS U DIDNT LIKE IT, DOESNT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE MAY NOT LIKE IT

I am really glad you had a good time. I also had a good time. My point was the boat itself is horrible. Did you have the boat that had the pool in the dinig room (ya great spot for a pool) or the cruise that only served three meals a day, at really **ty times, or the hot tub that was never hot, or the nightclub that was good for the first two nights, than you realize the DJ plays the same songs in the same order every friggin night, or the magician whose main act was chopping a woman’s head off? good god a nine year old could figure that trick out.
    Have you ever been on other cruises? If yes and you think this cruise was satisfactory than you must have really low standards for a cruiseline. If you have not been on another cruise all you had to do was look around the ocean and realize that the other cruises in the water had lifeboats almost as big as the goldenfleece.
    Once again I am glad you had agreat time, and Contiki is still an awsome travel company. They have excellent tours that go to great places, but this boat in my opinion as well as many others was not satisfactory for adults.
    I am well aware that because I did not like it “EVERYONE ELSE MAY NOT LIKE IT” but maybe most people have higher standards in a cruise line than you do, most people appreciate being entrtained by good night life performers for adults not performers that would bore children, or being in large pools on the deck not in pools with a capacity of like eight, and swimming in the dining room.
    Maybe thats why “EVERYONE ELSE MAY NOT LIKE IT”.
  • 3 Aug 2010 rosiecotton19 said

rosiecotton19

I went on the Golden Fleece Tour in summer 2008 and i LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. It wasn’t five-star, no. But I had a ball with my new friends, and I loved being able to sail the Greek Isles, see a new place every day, and be able to come back to the same room at night. I may be biased because I am in love with Greece and the culture. But I am also a “glass-half-full” kind of person and I was having so much fun getting to know new people that I don’t really remember things like not great food or imperfect this or that. I loved it!

BTW I was definitely not on the boat with the pool in the dining room- weird! If you want you can look up the boat before hand, when I went it was with Louis Hellenic Cruises, you can go to their website and see blueprints of all the ships.

• 28 Aug 2010 Explorer1203249 said

Default_avatar

Did this tour last year.
    The Dorian inn hotel is not good, ok it´s central but old and weird.
    Don´t do this tour in october, it´s not so sunny and you will arrive at Santorini and Mykonos by night, so you will NOT HAVE your photos at the pretty white houses of Santorini.

• 28 Mar 2013 Evan said

Evan

I’ve signed up for the Golden Fleece tour for September this year.
    I have a quick question about the Istanbul optional activity. Is their any spare time after the optional activity? I would like 2-3 hours to go to a turkish bath and also do some shopping at Grand Bazaar. I believe the ships docks at Istanbul for 12 hours. Surely the optional activity tour doesn’t go for all day.
    Would appreciate any comment about this or the tour in general. Thanks

• 5 Aug 2014 Evan said

Evan

Just want to say this trip is Awesome! If you get Caro as a tour manager, you are in great hands and she knows to arrange a good time. Cruising the greek islands was so relaxing. The weather was outstanding every day and being on a Cruise ship all of your meals are included – food was very good, especially you don’t mind greek cuisine.
    I actually joined the tour in Istanbul rather than starting from Athens, as I wanted to spend more time in Istanbul rather than one day.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion