Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sept 4th departure from Berlin - anyone else?

2 Jun 2010 Brittany Alexis asked

Default_avatar
Hey there, anyone else doing the September 4th from Berlin? I'm 19, and going by myself... Smiler
  • 4 Jun 2010 Emily said

Emily

Hi! I’ll be on this trip also. I’m 23, from the US and also traveling solo.

• 4 Jun 2010 Brittany Alexis said

Default_avatar

Hey, nice to meet you! I’m from BC, Canada … Which city is your “end” city in? I’m ending it in Vienna ..

• 5 Jun 2010 Emily said

Emily

Nice to meet you as well! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m going all the way to Budapest. Is this your first Contiki?

• 5 Jun 2010 Brittany Alexis said

Default_avatar

Yes, this summer will be my first Contiki tour! I am doing 2 tours (western europe then egypt) before I start this one… I’ve been to europe once before but only for 2 weeks when I was 15. So I’m excited to do the other cities and countries I didn’t get to do previously. What about you? Your first tour and time to Europe as well?

• 5 Jun 2010 Emily said

Emily

You must be really excited about all of your trips! This will be my 3rd trip with Contiki and I’ve been overseas independently over a dozen times. I actually studied in Germany in 2007 so I’m excited to go back again.

I did the Egypt & The Nile tour last year and can’t say enough good things about it. The guide was incredible and the sights are amazing. I still keep in touch with most of my tour mates a year later. It was the trip of a lifetime.

Default_avatar

Really, that’s so cool! Yes, I’m very excited! Actually, I will be staying in Europe after this tour because I’m going to be going to school in England for the year.

Are you solely doing this tour this time round to Europe? Do you have any plans to stay there after for a bit and do some other travels or anything?

• 5 Jun 2010 Emily said

Emily

Wow! A year in England will be amazing. What are you studying? My degree is in International Business with a minor in German. I will actually be in Germany a week before our tour because I’m going to visit some friends in Heidelberg where I studied, but no plans for after the tour. Since I graduated uni in 2008, I’ve been working for a brokerage firm here in the states and I only get 4 weeks of vacation a year so I need to use them wisely. You are a very lucky girl to get the chance to travel all over the summer before your study abroad. You’re going to have the time of your life. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

Awe, I know! I cannot wait! I’m studying Tourism, it’s a four year degree so i’ll have a major in Management, and a double minor in Human Resources and Marketing.

Thats cool, nice that you get to extend your vaca a bit and have somewhere to stay and visit friends! I’m kinda in the same boat, I made good friends in uni this year with a guy who lives in Austria, hence why I’m ending my tour there. So i’ll stay with him for a few days and then the plan is to head to Oktoberfest with him and another friend joining.

Aren’t we lucky! Such amazing experiences, there’s certainly no better experience than travelling. Have you ever been to Canada?

• 6 Jun 2010 Emily said

Emily

We are definitely lucky. And I completely agree, there is no better experience than travel.

I’ve been to Canada a few times. It’s only about a 3 hour drive to the US/Canadian border from where I live. I’ve also been skiing at Blue Mountain in Ontario a few times! I have never been to your side of the country though. What’s it like over there?

I’m also a little bit jealous that you and your friend are staying for Oktoberfest. I’ve never been, but it sounds like so much fun. We’ll have to have our own “Oktoberfest” in Berlin or something LOL.

• 6 Jun 2010 Brittany Alexis said

Default_avatar

Really, I have to say you must visit the west coast of Canada… It is so amazingly beautiful out here. Top 3 – Banff/Lake Louise, Vancouver, & Victoria – so beautiful!

Hahaha… Yes we will definitely make our own Oktoberfest in Berlin! I cannot wait to go there…That’s why I’m doing 3 separate tours – I want to do Egypt, and none of the other tours really go through Berlin (mostly only Munich). Very excited! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Jun 2010 Emily said

Emily

I just googled all of those places. They look amazing. Canada really is a beautiful country.

And I’m glad we can have our own Oktoberfest in Berlin lol. I was in Berlin for 2 weeks in 2007 but I feel like I barely saw anything! It’s such a HUGE city. It seems like we’re going to have quite a bit of free time there too. Is there anything in particular that you want to see?

• 9 Jun 2010 Brittany Alexis said

Default_avatar

I have yet to do some planning for “must sees” for each city we’ve got some time in. . .

From your past experience with Contiki, how much free time on average do you get each day? Also, Are all the meals pre-set? Or do you kinda get to choose between a couple plates?

• 9 Jul 2010 Explorer1196559 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I’m booking this trip later this week. Is everyone going all the way to Budapest? I’m 22 from Perth, Australia!

• 9 Jul 2010 Explorer1196559 said

Default_avatar

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136476809707282

I got bored, so I decided to make a group on FB. Join!

• 16 Jul 2010 Explorer1183177 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I am all booked for this trip going all the way to Budapest. I am from NYC and going solo. This will be my 5th and final Contiki since I hit their age limit. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

Egypt was by far the most amazing tour I’ve been on with Contiki. Especially, with Sherif as the tour manager and the group of people that I went with. The sites and history are breathtaking.

Brittany to answer some of your questions, for this tour in particular I think we will have a good amount of free time. I find that on Contiki tours anytime you stay in a city for 2 days or more there are ample amount of time to go about your own business and do everything on the itinerary with the group. Of course, they allow you to go off on your own if you want and not do anything on the itinerary so as long as you get on the bus when they leave for the next city. As for the meals, breakfast is almost always continental (just bread, cheese and coffee). For the available dinners, they usually ask what type of meat you want or if you are a vegetarian.

Well, I am counting the days till September and in dire need of this vacation…lol. I hope to meet everyone on this tour.

Cheers,

Chi

• 17 Jul 2010 mentaldrift said

Default_avatar

how are ya guys. name’s victor, 25, brisbane. i’ll also be oktoberfesting after berlin-budi, should be awesome.

just joined the fb group too,we need to promote it so more ppl join, hehe

• 18 Jul 2010 Explorer1196559 said

Default_avatar

i think we should also settle a way of distinguishing me and chi haha.

cheers,

chee.

• 3 Aug 2010 Explorer1201646 said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone! I’m Cory and this is my second Contiki trip. I am 27 and also traveling by myself. Look forward to meeting everyone in Berlin!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion