Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Milford Sound Overnighter - NYE

16 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare
Hey,
I am doing the (reverse) Adventurer leaving Christchurch on Dec 30th so will be on the Milford Sound cruise for New Years'. Has anyone done this and can you tell me whether much happens on the boat as I think I may have read that the bar shuts up early there - is this right?
Not that I'm a raging alcoholic, but it has got me wondering Confused
  • 16 Jul 2010 Bek said

Bek

I read the same thing, Clare. That’s part of the reason why I decided to go for the forwards (normal) Grand Explorer. It spends NY in the Bay of Islands, which – from what I can gather – has some ok pubs. And, apparently, … fireworks! Switch tours!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 16 Jul 2010 ptooma said

Default_avatar

If you can tough it out, some ppl are adventurous and try to go swimming. http://www.facebook.com/v/17618630570

Or take out one of the kayaks?

The dinner that evening is pretty good too. And yes, there is a cash bar.

There’s a chance of a wicked waterfall the next morning – and maybe you could try standing on the bow of the boat if the captain wants to give you an early morning shower?

Since everyone is kinda stuck on the boat that evening, the card and board games come out.

Since it’s New Years though, the crew may have something extra planned …

- Vic

• 16 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare

Hey thanks for that Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Jul 2010 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

As much I can remember. The overnighter in Milford Sound was a quiet night. Our TM advised us to keep the noise down. Since your sharing a boat with other people. And our TM said not to bring in any liquor on board or it will be confiscated. All in all it was an early night around 10ish.

• 1 Oct 2010 allyspreadsherwings said

allyspreadsherwings

I hope its not a quiet night. IM on this tour too and thouhgt the boat would be a good way yo spend new years, with new people.
    we may need to make our own fun if thats the case.
    ally

• 1 Oct 2010 allyspreadsherwings said

allyspreadsherwings

i hope not im on the same tour as you clare. we may need to make our own fun if thats the case.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.