Community_discussions_small  

Comment

LAX to Anaheim

5 Mar 2008 Nia said

Default_avatar
Hey,
I am doing the Grand Southern starting 5th July, but I fly into LAX on the 4th and arrive there around 8.30pm...any advice on how to get to Anaheim from there? I am staying in the hotel we leave from in the morning
  • 5 Mar 2008 BurgerTrippin said

Default_avatar

Hi Nia,

I’m on the LA to the Bay in June and fly into LAX. I booked online with supershuttle and it cost me around $16 for a “shared” ride (sharing with around 7 random others). Seems that super shuttle are quite popular with people on here, and also my travel agent recommended it as the best way. The only bad thing I have heard is that they sometimes keep you waiting for a while at the airport, as they like to have a full bus before departing.

Hope that helps.

Karl.

Heh, whoops, forgot to include the link Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

http://www.supershuttle.com/

• 6 Mar 2008 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

The super shuttle is the only way to go!Yeh it takes a bit longer than a taxi but its way cheaper!You literally walk out of the terminal and it is right there infront of you so please don’t waiste your time on a taxi!
    If anyone else needs travel advice email me at mysterygirl01@hotmail.com

Cheers
    lisa

• 8 Mar 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

i was looking at usuing that super shuttle when i go at the end of august.
    i arrive at LAX at 6.30am and am thinking of booking a day tour to Mexico which picks you up from your hotel in Anaheim…do you guys think i’ll make it to the hotel by 9am, with 2 and a half hours to get out of the airport and get the shuttle to the hotel?

• 9 Mar 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by nikki_adelaide:
    i was looking at usuing that super shuttle when i go at the end of august.
    i arrive at LAX at 6.30am and am thinking of booking a day tour to Mexico which picks you up from your hotel in Anaheim…do you guys think i’ll make it to the hotel by 9am, with 2 and a half hours to get out of the airport and get the shuttle to the hotel?

It’d be tight. You’ll probably need at least 45minutes to clear US customs (if it’s not overly busy) and then it’s about an hour to Anaheim.

Are you thinking of going to Tijuana? If it helps you won’t miss much by not going. There’s not a great deal to see off the main street and if you’re not wanting to shop then there isn’t much else to do (except eat at Hard Rock). Also, it’s a bit dodgy if you’re a solo female traveller, I definitely would not go there alone. Maybe spend your day doing a tour of LA instead (if you don’t do that on your actual tour).

• 10 Mar 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

Hi Pina
    thanks for your advice
    i was thinking about joining an all day tour group to go to tijuana.
    im doing the best of USA so the total time i have in LA on and off tour is 6 days and will be doing some sightseeing with contiki, six flags, disneyland, universal etc so wanted to go somewhere else for the day that i arrive, maybe i can look at spending the day somewhere else or doing something different in LA.

• 10 Mar 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Originally posted by nikki_adelaide:
    Hi Pina
    thanks for your advice
    i was thinking about joining an all day tour group to go to tijuana.
    im doing the best of USA so the total time i have in LA on and off tour is 6 days and will be doing some sightseeing with contiki, six flags, disneyland, universal etc so wanted to go somewhere else for the day that i arrive, maybe i can look at spending the day somewhere else or doing something different in LA.

Yeah, maybe San Diego or something instead. I’d be worried going with a group too (as I did) in case no one ‘adopts’ you to walk with them. There was one girl on our bus like that and we took her in as part of our group because we were worried for her! Up to you in the end but I would stay in the US.

• 11 Mar 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

thanks for the advice, always like hearing it from people who have done it.

• 25 Mar 2008 Coach Capt Jerry said

Coach Capt Jerry

if you are on a budget, i say try this service instead of the super shuttle
    http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm

• 18 Apr 2008 *nikki_adelaide* said

Default_avatar

has anyone used the dinsyeland resort express?:
    http://www.anaheimtours.us/tours/tourDetail.cfm?tour_id=5645

whats it like?? i looke don the super shuttle sight and to get to the contiki hotel its telling me it will cozt $42 is that right?? i ready up the top of this thread someone only paid $16

• 19 Apr 2008 NurseKara said

NurseKara

The Disneyland shuttle is great. Its a large coach and its great to relax on after a long flight. I can’t remember how much I paid but i do recommend it. You can also pay for it when you catch it, it doesn’t have t be prebooked. Just ask someone where to catch it from.

• 19 Apr 2008 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

i booked for the supersuhttle. it was $16 much cheaper than a taxi.but by saying that you dont even need to book it as soon as you walk out they are rite out on the kerb!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Apr 2008 Sweep said

Sweep

LAX: this is a horror story bout shuttles LAX

i took (and i cant remember the name)
    it was a red shuttle from out the front of LAX.

what? 40 mins u say? awesome….

FOUR HOURS guys…. i was in that shuttle FOUR HOURS… while he drove around cluelessly.
    then he was telling us he had to pick someone up and take them to the airport… WHAT? no way.. he wanted to take us back to the airport before dropping us off…. oh it was horrible. needless to say, please dont use the red shuttle bus.

also, theres a tall black man out the front of LAX airport, we all went past him on our way out. he will ask you for a donation (what its for always changes) we think its a scam, easy way to get money too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Apr 2008 Leecy22 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Johnni:
    LAX: this is a horror story bout shuttles LAX

i took (and i cant remember the name)
    it was a red shuttle from out the front of LAX.

what? 40 mins u say? awesome….

FOUR HOURS guys…. i was in that shuttle FOUR HOURS… while he drove around cluelessly.
    then he was telling us he had to pick someone up and take them to the airport… WHAT? no way.. he wanted to take us back to the airport before dropping us off…. oh it was horrible. needless to say, please dont use the red shuttle bus.

also, theres a tall black man out the front of LAX airport, we all went past him on our way out. he will ask you for a donation (what its for always changes) we think its a scam, easy way to get money too Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Oh, I remember that tall black guy! I had to say I had no money on me at the time, luckily I was on the phone too, got rid of him pretty quickly!

I didn’t take the shuttle myself, but I did hire a car there, I arrived at 7:30am the first day. I drove around Hollywood straight from the airport and explored a bit with some others I met in Hollywood and checked into the hotel that evening. Then spent the next day in San Diego and spent a bit of time in Tijuana! Hiring the car only cost me AUD$120 for the two days plus petrol (which is really cheap in the USA) and the best part was I got to drop the car off at Disneyland which is a 5 minute walk to the Anaheim Hotel.

Something to consider.

• 16 Jun 2008 Tracie said

Tracie

Last year when i had to get form LAX to anaheim i had trouble getting on the blue shuttle because they kept telling me that i wasn’t booked and that they had people to pick up…they wouldn’t stop
    i got on a diffent shuttle the prime time shuttle which was actually the red one and i had no problems with this one…it was the same price and i couldn’t complain…i was a bit worried after spending about 1/2 hour trying to get the blue shuttle but the prime time people were really helpful and got me there

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.