Community_discussions_small  

Comment

white Christmas in europe

10 Jan 2010 fill619 said

Default_avatar
hi all

it a little Early but i would like to know what people thought about going to europe around the christmas and new years period ? Smiler
  • 24 Jan 2010 ryaneco said

Default_avatar

Its not too early at all; I’m looking into what I want to do and will probably have it book by March so I can focus on saving up the spending money; sooner its booked more I can save because I’ll know how much everything will cost me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I like to plan early.

I’m already liasing with contiki about tours and getting quotes etc.

I’m planning on going on the Winter Wanderer.

• 8 Feb 2010 LB246 said

Default_avatar

Hi Fill619,
    I went on the Winter Wanderer trip with 2 friends last year and going at Christmas and New Year made it all the more better. We spent Christmas in London and found a pub near the Royal National where there were other contiki trippers and a few families too. It was a fun day and the Christmas atmosphere was beautiful. The tour spent new years eve in Lyon and by that time you will have made new friends on your tour so you get to spend NYE with at least 20 of your new friends. Again, a great time. I think you should definitely consider travelling at this time. The cold weather makes Europe so much more beautiful!!

• 8 Feb 2010 Danki said

Danki

Hi Fill619

I spent Christmas 08 in Europe – I think it is something that definately needs to be experienced! (especially because I’m from the tropics in Australia…)

Paris was the coldest I have ever been in my life – ever. The only bad thing was I only spent 3 days in Paris and it was foggy, and half the eiffel tower was covered by fog. I then went to a town in the far north of Italy, and it started snowing at midnight on Christmas. New Years Eve I made a snowman and had a snowball fight at midnight… magic.

The village in which we were staying was as if it were off the front of a Christmas Card. The shops were all decorated in fairy lights, there were markets on Christmas Eve, and we were surrounded by snow capped mountains. Amazing!

Just pack warm…

• 9 Feb 2010 Explorer1168633 said

Default_avatar

my husband and i have just booked the europe vista winter – going dec 22. We are very excited about a white christmas.

• 10 Feb 2010 torz said

Default_avatar

to see europe in winter is a definate must in my opinion!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Feb 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

I think it’s one of those things you should at least try once in your life too! I just had my 6th Christmas/New Years away from Perth and they just keep getting better really!

This last one was Christmas in the Czech Republic with stews, beer and folk music and New Years in Paris, under the Eiffel Tower at about -8 degrees!

I’ve also been lucky enough to have a few in Rome, one in Washington/New York and one in London.

The atmosphere is do different in another country plus, it’s cold, there are Christmas Markets to explore, you might get some snow etc etc…just do it!

• 13 Feb 2010 Explorer1169147 said

Default_avatar

PinaI,

How was the new years eve in paris? I can’t seem to find any reviews nd would like to know your experience.

What type/age were the people on the trip? Did you get to see many sites in paris and did you find that the partying didn’t over ride the actaul traveling?
    Thanks so much!!!

• 31 Mar 2010 Belinda said

Default_avatar

New years and Christmas is a great time to travel, Europe is full of cute christmas markets,food stalls and trees all lite up with lights its amazing!
    the only down point is christmas day we spent on the bus for 8 hours!
    luckily bobsledding in switzerland christmas eve and venice for new years fireworks made up for it!

• 19 Apr 2010 Explorer1157111 said

Default_avatar

My partner and I are going on the Winter Wanderer which starts in London 18th Dec 2010. I cant wait! So many people have questioned why we are going in winter but we have to as my partner is a teacher and that is when we have the longest holidays. I think it will be great to have a white Christmas/ New Years and experience something different than Australian Christmas. There will be so many great things to see that just wont be the same in summer.

• 26 Apr 2010 christie21 said

Default_avatar

hi fill619. i am looking at doing the european magic on 20th dec and then paris NYE. it will be my first time in europe and i cant wait! i think its definitely worth spending a christmas/new years somewhere amazing!

• 3 Jun 2010 Neeks04 said

Neeks04

Hi thre, im booked to the the European Discovery from the 22nd of December for 12 days and i cant wait. Im travelling solo so would love to get in touch with other doing the same tour. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.