Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Tiki (2/7/2014) Auckland-Christchurch

25 Oct 2013 dan_92 asked

dan_92

Hi all! Im just about to book on The Big Tiki going from Auckland to Christchurch that departs on the 2nd July 2014. I'm going solo so was wondering anyone else going on this tour? I know, I'm getting in early... but it'll be my first Contiki and first time travelling alone, very keen!

Or if anyone that has done it before would like to give some feedback that would be great :)

• 28 Oct 2013 Pei Mun said

Default_avatar

Hi there,

I am Pei Mun, 22, female from Singapore. I am looking for travel buddy/buddies. Scheduled around end Feb or early March, Planned to travel and work at the same time and will be holding a working holiday visa, might stay till end April or even longer depends. For now, planning on end April. Min 2 months. Above dates are flexible, somewhere in mid or end Feb is fine. I am alone at the moment. Please invite me to join your group or join me :) Have not plan out the route yet, would be delighted if we could discuss. I don’t hold a driving license but would be more than happy to share fuel. Please contact me if that sounds good to you.

Here is my https://www.facebook.com/peimun.yip?hc_location=timeline and email. yip.peimun@gmail.com

Please email me if I did not get to reply here.
    Thanks!

• 30 Oct 2013 dan_92 said

dan_92

Ah cool, that sounds like it will be a good trip. Booked my Contiki today

• 5 Nov 2013 tandondiva said

tandondiva

Hey..I’ll be reaching Auckland on the Nov 19th’13. Have booked the Big Tiki 22nd Auckland to Christchurch 22nd Nov. Anyone travelling? i guess most of the tours will be connected..

• 15 Mar 2014 Focus84 said

Focus84

Hi dan,
    My name is Kim and I’m from Perth WA.
    I’m also booked on this trip for the 2nd of July. Can’t wait! Have you joined the meet up?

• 15 Mar 2014 dan_92 said

dan_92

Hey Kim! I’m from Adelaide. It’s awesome to finally meet someone else who will be on the trip! I can’t wait either, super keen! Na I haven’t joined the meet up. I’m not sure what my booking reference is yet. Have you joined?

Focus84

Yeah I joined, only one other person on there at the moment. They are from Perth as well!
    Are you going to be in NZ earlier than when the tour starts or just getting there the day before? I’m undecided on how many days to have before the trip at this stage :)

• 15 Mar 2014 dan_92 said

dan_92

Awesome, so we have at least 3 people going, haha. I’ll hopefully join it soon, I emailed my travel agent earlier to try and get the booking number. I’m getting to Auckland the day before the tour. I get in at around 3ish and spending that night at the Mercure.

Focus84

Yeah I’m going to stay at th mercure as well. Easier that way. Plus it will be a great place to meet up with people before the tour.

Focus84

Yeah I’m going to stay at th mercure as well. Easier that way. Plus it will be a great place to meet up with people before the tour.

• 16 Mar 2014 dan_92 said

dan_92

Nice! I figured it would be easiest to stay there! I just want to go now.. far too excited! We should get a Facebook page going. Add me if you like https://www.facebook.com/daniel.wallis.940

• 16 Mar 2014 Focus84 said

Focus84

Yeah we should! With all three of us :P should be about 40 odd people on the tour I think?
    Will add you now.

• 16 Mar 2014 dan_92 said

dan_92

The 3 of us will have a mad time, haha. 40 sounds about right, but from what I’ve been reading it sounds like a lot of the NZ tours link together.

• 17 Mar 2014 Sarah said

Sarah

Theres 5 actually. My bf and bestie are slack and havnt joined the meetup yet. Super keen!!!

• 17 Mar 2014 dan_92 said

dan_92

Ah 5, even better!

• 17 Mar 2014 dan_92 said

dan_92

Do you get to NZ the day before Sarah? Or are you having a couple days there first?

• 17 Mar 2014 Sarah said

Sarah

Im plannin on leavin perth on the 30th june and stayin at one if the backpackers around the corner from the mercure thr night of the 1st. Its an early start and I dont wanna sleep or rock up airplane affected and miss it:D

• 18 Mar 2014 Focus84 said

Focus84

Hey, I think I’m gonna have two nights in Auckland to begin the trip. Make sure I’m well rested and ready to tackle all the adventures! And I’m not a morning person, so I’m best staying at the hotel so I don’t have to get up too early! Have you or your boyfriend or friend been to NZ before?

• 18 Mar 2014 Sarah said

Sarah

No none of us have. Were super excited though:)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion