Community_discussions_small  

Question

What else is there to do in Anaheim besides Disneyland?

14 May 2007 vivy09 asked

Default_avatar
Hi, I will be in Anaheim a couple of days before my tour starts and was wondering what else can you do besides go to Disneyland and that is close by the Best Western?

Thanks! Smiler

Viv
  • 14 May 2007 angelalovestotravel said

Default_avatar

In a nutshell, not much Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Unless you count shopping malls.

You could take a trip to Newport Beach (about 1-1.5 hours each way) by bus/walk.

You could also take day trips from Anaheim to see other parts of LA or California.

Try All Anaheim Tours, Anaheim Tours, Starline Tours or Gray Line

• 14 May 2007 JaimeK said

Default_avatar

Hi when we were there we got a day trip from our hotel that included a tour of hollywood boulevard, LA and universal studios for 4 hours. Other ones include the beaches etc. I used viator.com to book these.

• 14 May 2007 vivy09 said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys!

Im there about 1.5 days before the LA Scene tour starts so maybe the shopping mall might be the way to go as I probably would have forgotten to pack something lol.

Cheers!
    Viv
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 May 2007 allyrome said

Default_avatar

San Diego is actually only an hour and a half away from Anaheim by car…two at the most if you go on Amtrak, which is down the street from the Best Western. The stretch between Aneheim and San Diego is beautiful on train…you get to see surfers riding the ocean waves. It’s probably no more than $25 or so one-way, but definitely worth it. Also, the commuter trains may be a cheaper route. (Ask at the train station.) You don’t need a car to get around downtown San Diego, especially where the train drops you off (buses and trolleys are reliable and safe—also one day passes are only $5, good for the greater SD area), and there are a lot of cool things to check out if you have the time. (I used to live in SD and travel that area often.) Also, locals say SD beaches are soooo much nicer than LA ones, and probably less crowded.

As for other things that are sort of nearby the hotel, Fashion Island is a really cool mall, Knott’s Berry Farm is a great place for roller coasters and cheaper than D-land, Medival Times is there if you’re into the Renaissance Era, and California Adventure is next to Disneyland…if you haven’t done that already. Use public transit to cut down on the cab fare, since larger cities have access to major attractions.

There really are a lot of cool things to do in Southern California, and not everything costs a fortune. Have fun.

allyrome

• 7 Jun 2007 Ding said

Default_avatar

G’day,
    If your into fun parks and a bit of a thrill seeker then I definately recommend Knotsberry Farm, about 15min by coach from hotel. Just see the reception at the hotel and they can hook you up with tickets and transfer. Need about 6-7 hrs there to enjoy every attraction. Have fun, Daniel.

• 14 Jul 2007 steve said

Default_avatar

hey,if you want to go to a good theme park go to knotts beryy farm which is nearby,or if you dont mind a bit of travelling theres a really good theme park called six flags just north of Los Angeles Cool<!--graemlin::cool:--> the website is www.sixflags.com
    check it out

• 15 Jul 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you want more extreme rollercoasters then go to a six flags or universal. If you want a theme park, hands down you have to go to a disney park. Six flags has good rides, but there themeing is laughable. If you go to disney the rides are better designed (better themeing and sometimes longer), but not as extreme (you wont get much in the way of upside down whipping you around) and the wait on line is better since they usually have cool stuff on the line related to the ride.

• 15 Jul 2007 Jocontiki said

Default_avatar

Hi,

Does anyone know if it’s absolutely necessary to book these Hollywood and OC tours in advance? I will be in Anaheim in late October and am unsure what I’ll be doing and was hoping to just pretty much wake up in the morning and go over to my hotel receptionist and ask her/him to book me into a tour for that day (or maybe the next day) Does anyone know if these tours get booked out in the later part of October ?

thanks
    Jo

• 31 Jul 2007 amf2007 said

Default_avatar

Hi there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Anaheim and my days basically consisted of – Disneyland, Universal Studios, shopping, rodeo drive, hollywood and also went to an Anaheim Angels baseball game which was lots of fun. I would definitely recommend seeing a baseball game if you have time, it’s a lot different to what we’re used to in Australia!

• 2 Aug 2007 steve said

Default_avatar

Gday Viv,well theres knotts berry farm or universal studios which are great or if you dont mind travelling a bit theres a great theme park called sixflags,www.sixflags.com,
    check it out looks pretty good seeya

• 3 Aug 2007 Mon!que said

Default_avatar

To me it doesnt get any better than disneyland, theres downtown disney, disneys california adventure and of course the disney hotels. haha.. but theres plenty to do around that area. Theres an anaheim angels baseball game, u could actually drive like 30 mins and go to a LA dodgers baseball game. Theres also the block of orange thats like 5 mins away, theres a cool skate park and lots of places to eat. Like 15 more mins off the fwy theres huntington beach one of my favorites. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> If you want the whole amusement park thing, theres Knotts berry farm. so it all depends on what your into and what you want to do. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    ~Mon!que Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Aug 2007 December said

Default_avatar

I’m planning on staying in Anaheim before a Grand Southern tour next, but I will be by myself.

What would anyone recommend for a solo traveller in Anaheim?

• 8 Aug 2007 steve said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by cdm115:
    If you want more extreme rollercoasters then go to a six flags or universal. If you want a theme park, hands down you have to go to a disney park. Six flags has good rides, but there themeing is laughable. If you go to disney the rides are better designed (better themeing and sometimes longer), but not as extreme (you wont get much in the way of upside down whipping you around) and the wait on line is better since they usually have cool stuff on the line related to the ride.

whatever disneyland sucks it is real babyish and the thrill rides are pathetic boring

• 10 Aug 2007 Nina said

Default_avatar

Hiya

If you are travelling alone and arrive in Annaheim before the tour, you probably won’t be the only one. I arrived in Annaheim the night before the Grand Southern started. But most of the others on the tour arrived a few days before. So… you should start meeting people on your tour before it starts.

I would recommend Disneyland because its close by. After the Grand Southern, I returned to LA and spend a few days in LA by myself. I contacted and went through most of the main tour guides. The best one is VIP tours. I did a few of their tours and other tours. The one that I really really recommend… is one run by VIP tours. Its called the GRAND TOUR.

No… I have nothing to do with VIP Tour company. Why I recommend the Grand Tour… is because it takes you to some of the main parts of LA. So… you get a good picture of LA. You see places like… Santa Monica, Fisherman’s Wharf, Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive and many many other interesting places.

Hope this helps

Nat

• 5 Sep 2007 TheRecruit said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by December:
    I’m planning on staying in Anaheim before a Grand Southern tour next, but I will be by myself.

What would anyone recommend for a solo traveller in Anaheim?

There’s heaps to do in Anaheim. If you love shopping, go to The Block At Orange, they have some good bargains there. It’s about 10 minutes away from the Disneyland Resort area. Another place worth checking out is Downtown Disney, they have heaps of shops and restaurants. You can also watch the fireworks from Disneyland in that area.

• 18 Sep 2007 brooke said

Default_avatar

THanks for that too..im going to be in LA and anaheim before the best of USA tour starts on the 29 June. Anyone booked this tour as yet?

• 22 Sep 2007 Princessvixen said

Default_avatar

Well as other people have said shopping but you can also do a bus tour which can take you holloywood, santa monica ,L.A etc I had 2 days in anaheim and did disneyland one day and a bus tour the next. Anaheim is really just somewhere where u can get over your jet lag and prepare for contiki!I wouldnt spend more than 3 full days there or you will be bored outta your mind!

If anyone else needs advise email me at mysterygirl01@hotmail.com

cheers

lisa

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.