Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Bridge to Reef (Oz:Oct 9) and Scenic Southern (NZ:Oct 21)

13 Mar 2008 LittleGems25 said

LittleGems25
Hi everyone!
Just putting the feelers out really, I'm thinking of doing the Bridge to Reef Oct 9-18 and then flying onto NZ 21-27 Oct this year. As it stands, I'm travelling solo and I think this is the one thing holding me back. I'm 25, kind of shy but get on with people fairly easily.. I'm just so scared of going alone! Is anyone else thinking of doing this trip around then? Wanted to chat to some people to ease my fears before signing up! ha ha!
Gems xx

Moderator Note: title modified.
  • 18 Mar 2008 daydreamer72381 said

Default_avatar

I was going to do this same tour…I’m not sure but when I went back to check on it there were no departure dates. I tried booking for September but I was told it was cancelled and then that they weren’t sure because the tour wasn’t loaded yet. I went back and forth a few times and then I just switched my trip completely.

• 19 Mar 2008 LittleGems25 said

LittleGems25

How strange! Though I did have a few problems with my initial enquiries to Contiki – mainly saying the tour wasnt running on those dates even though I had the brochure in front of me! Turns out the lady on the phone was looking at the wrong year! Oops!
    Really wanna do this trip though, did you pick somewhere else in Australia or choose a new destination all together?

• 19 Mar 2008 daydreamer72381 said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I was pretty much devastated when she told me it wasn’t available. I really wanted this tour as well. I’m now going to Ireland instead wich is another place I’ve wanted to see for a long time and I’m hoping to do Australia next year.

• 15 Jun 2008 Explorer1103378 said

Default_avatar

i may be going on this! havnt booked anything yet as i will also be traveling alone so still making my mind up….

• 17 Jun 2008 KimberleyElena said

Default_avatar

Hey Hey

There is a few of us that I have found that are doing the Grand Explorer from the 21st Oct. So you tour is the start of our trip! There is a few birthdays that week so it should be loads of fun!

• 23 Jun 2008 LiverpoolCarl said

LiverpoolCarl

Hi,

I’m doing the Scenic Southern starting 21 October from Christchurch.

Don’t worry if you are travelling solo. Most people on the trip will be in the same boat (or coach in fact).

This will be my third Contiki having done two in North America. It’s a great way to meet people and make friends.They are the best holidays that I’ve ever been on.

I’ve also had a my birthday on both my previous Contikis and they are birthdays not to forget.

Hopefully will be able to say hi to some of you on the night before the trip in the hotel Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Carl

• 23 Jun 2008 KimberleyElena said

Default_avatar

Thats fantastic! Cant wait to meet you guys! I will be staying at Bealeys 2 nights before the tour so we should catch up for a drink. Only 118 days to go…..yea I’m excited Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Jul 2008 Explorer1106361 said

Default_avatar

Hi everybody – I have created a Facebook Group for anybody on the Bridge to Reef or Ocean to Outback departing from Sydney on 9th October.

Heres the link if anybody else wants to join.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39918803792

• 14 Mar 2009 Derek said

Derek

Hey.
    I’m going on Bridge to Reef Oct9-18.
    I’m extremely excited though a little nervous for traveling alone.
    Just gotta get all the fun little details worked out.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.