Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Explorer (Reverse Start Christchurch) Dec 30th 2010

21 Jun 2010 SHARON82 said

SHARON82
Hi is anyone doing this tour? I am Sharon from Adelaide and doing this tour by myself and am keen on meeting some people before i start the tour.
  • 22 Jun 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

Hi Sharon! I just replied to your post on my thread Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m Ashleigh, I’m from Victoria Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m in a way relieved there’s someone else travelling on their own, it’s a bit daunting!

• 23 Jun 2010 SHARON82 said

SHARON82

Hi and i just replied to your post so just ignore me asking where you live lol. Yeh well i think alot of people go on contiki tours by theirself judging by some of the stuff that i have read on here. So it should be lotsa fun its a good way to meet lotsa people.

• 23 Jun 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

Yeah that’s very true!! how old are you? I’m staying in Christchurch two nights before the tour, I’m staying at Bealey’s on the 29th of dec, and another hotel on the 28th. I’m staying one night in Auckland after the tour but somewhere near the airport just for convenience really.

I wish it was nearly December. haha.

• 24 Jun 2010 SHARON82 said

SHARON82

I am 28 how old are you? Well i am staying in Christchurch 3 nights before tour in a backpackers place and am staying in Aukland 3 nights afta tour as well.

Yeh i know tell me bout it cant December hurry up already but i am guessing it is guna seem like foreva now considering we have got something to look forward to.

• 26 Jun 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

I’m 18, but I’m turning 19 on Dec 27th. I wonder if i’ll be the youngest on the tour!

I’m expecting the next couple of months to drag on heaps! Hopefully the trip doesn’t go too quick!

What options do you think you will do? Also, what do you think you’ll do in christchurch before the tour? Because we do a lot of the tourist kinda things the 1st day of our tour in christchurch.

• 27 Jun 2010 SHARON82 said

SHARON82

Oh really your only a baby lol. So your heading ova a day afta your bday then. I think there will be people of all ages on the tour. Well i dont really know what options i am guna do yet i think i will just wait and see when i am on the tour but i aint into all adrenalin stuff so i wont be doing bungy jumping and **** like that. Well i dont really know what i will do in Christchurch before the tour but i will be there for two full days before tour so maybe when i get to Christchurch i will decide what i will do. I dont really wana work out what i am guna do before i get there because when i get there i might see something else that i would prefer to do. So what options are you guna take? And what are you guna do in christchurch before?

• 29 Jun 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

haha! Yeah, I’m not too sure if I’m brave enough to do bungee jumping! I’m considering sky diving but I think I’d only do it if I had people there to make me jump. haha. I’m hoping to do as many of the options as possible, but I won’t be doing all of the jetboat ones. I might do one but they all seem a bit repetitive.

As for when I get to Christchurch, I’m not too sure what i’ll do! Maybe go shopping or something! Who are you flying with?

• 30 Jun 2010 SHARON82 said

SHARON82

Nah i cant do any bungee jumping or sky diving cause i am extremely scared of heights lol. I am flying with Air New Zealand. Who you flying with?

• 2 Jul 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

haha! aww. lots of people are scared of heights! I’m going over with Jetstar and back with Qantas. I hope our tour date gets a guaranteed departure soon! I wonder how many people will be on it.

• 10 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare

Hey there,

I am doing the Adventurer on Dec 30th leaving from Christchurch…does that mean the tours start together and that you will just continue on for a couple of days?

First time with Contiki so am looking forward to the experience!

• 11 Jul 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

Hey Clare Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’m pretty sure that’s the case. In that case, yay Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Nice to meet you!!

It’s my first contiki tour. are you travelling alone? Before the tour, I’m staying at Hotel So on the 28th of Dec, and Bealey’s on the 29th. What about you? Where are you from? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare

Hi there!

Great, I knew it wouldn’t be a problem meeting people but it’s nice to be a bit prepared! I will be travelling on my own, and am also staying at Hotel So for 2 nights before the tour. I’m also hanging around for a couple days afterwards in Auckland.
    Living in Mildura, Vic at the moment so it will be a nice break for me!
    What about yourself, where are you from?

• 13 Jul 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

I totally agree! It’s good to get an idea of the kind of people you’ll be on the tour with!

I was going to stay at Hotel So for two nights but I thought I’d stay at Bealey’s in case there’s a pre tour meeting or something like that!

I’m from a little town called Broadford in Victoria, it’s not too far from Shepparton and Seymour.

I’m looking forward to meeting you!! Are you staying quad share or single? Also, when are you flying out and who with? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare

I’m flying with Virgin Blue, flying out on the 28th and getting back on the 11th. Luckily I’m a school teacher so could afford to have a few extra days travel!
    Staying quad share as it was cheaper but it’s also apparently heaps better for meeting people. Didn’t think about the pre-tour meeting, which is probably pretty likely…I’m just letting my travel agent do all the running around and booking for me, so she booked the motel!!
    Really looking forward to it!

• 13 Jul 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

haha! that’s not a bad idea! How old are you? If you don’t mind me asking Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

What optionals are you thinking of doing?

• 13 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare

I don’t mind you asking at all…I’ll actually be 29 by the time the trip rolls around – sounds scary! I haven’t thought too much about optionals as I’m bound to change my mind time and time again before the trip – but the zorbing, whitewater and blackwater rafting sound fun, and I’d love to do the canyon swing, just to say I did it…The quad bike riding looks like fun too!

• 14 Jul 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

Haha! I’m starting to think everyone will be a lot older than me! Not that I mind or anything! The canyon swing is way too scary for my liking I think! But I do like the sounds of the quad bike riding!

I see the dates up to December have all been confirmed so hopefully ours gets confirmed in the next month or so Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jul 2010 Clare said

Clare

Hi all
    I have created a Facebook group for people on the Advenurer/Explorer tours over new years. It is a closed group at the moment but send a request and I’ll add you to the group.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/gro…7292639626993&ref=ts

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Clare

• 8 Sep 2010 Cherise2010 said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m Cherise. Im from Victoria, looking forward to a great holiday.

• 8 Sep 2010 asheee said

Default_avatar

Hello Cherise! Nice to meet you! I’m Ashleigh, also from Victoria Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.