Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European + Egypt: March 28th, 2011

12 Oct 2010 GEM said

GEM
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone else out there who is planning on doing the UE in March 2011? I think it'd be awesome to be in Gallipoli for Anzac day (but we'll see how my saving goes over the next 5 months!) At the moment it looks like I'll be travelling alone, I'm 25 and from NZ.
  • 13 Oct 2010 whatsername said

whatsername

I’m booked and fully paid for this trip! Can’t wait. Gunna b amazing! I’m 24 QLD, Aust and travelling alone.
    I too will be madly saving!!!

• 14 Oct 2010 GEM said

GEM

Thanks whatsername, I have been stressing out about the possibility of having to travel all that way alone, it’s nice to know there is others out there doing the same thing!

• 15 Oct 2010 whatsername said

whatsername

I was stressing out about travelling alone too but thought what the hell. only young once!!
    it will be my first longhaul overseas trip. kinda nervous but def excited.
    plus i found out 2day i paid too much for the trip so will be getting a refund from contiki – so that helps towards the savings.

so GEM have u booked or just thinking about it?

• 16 Oct 2010 Explorer1203913 said

Explorer1203913

Hi, My sister and I are also going to be on this tour (24 & 26 from Aus) We also chose this one so we could be in Turkey for ANZAC Day Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Oct 2010 GEM said

GEM

I haven’t booked yet, I think I’m putting it off because I’m waiting to see if any of my friends will come too, but I should just get on with it and do it by myself! Explorer1203913, you’re so lucky to be doing it with your sister, I’d love my sister to come but it’s just the wrong time for her with money and work.
    Thanks so much for replying guys, you’ve helped a lot!

• 17 Oct 2010 jadey-mcjade said

jadey-mcjade

Hey Guys,

I have just booked and paid my trip leaving this date. woohoo! the next 5 months are going to fly by. Im also from Aus, WA. =)

• 17 Oct 2010 whatsername said

whatsername

Yay jadey-mcjade another one for the trip. Welcome. You also travelling alone?

GEM – hope u dont put it off. None of my friends wanted to come either. I spose its a big ask for them to fork out all the money at relatively short notice and not many ppl will get that much time off work.
    Thats why i just thought bugger everyone else. I wanna go and thats all that matters.

Plus I’m super friendly and would definitely be nice to you Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> and you there will def be other solo travellers.

• 18 Oct 2010 GEM said

GEM

Awesome guys! I am so excited now and couldn’t sleep last night! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Oct 2010 GEM said

GEM

Hey again everyone! If you’re wondering exactly what the UE would be like try www.davechallenger.com, I saw it mentioned on Contiki’s Facebook page – this guy did the Ultimate European + Egypt back in 2006, it’s a HUGE read but so informative (and funny)!

• 20 Oct 2010 whatsername said

whatsername

Dave’s travel blog is amazing. Definately worth the read. It just got me even more excited (if thats possible) for the trip.

• 25 Oct 2010 jadey-mcjade said

jadey-mcjade

hey yeah im traveling solo as well. Getting excited. If you got Facebook

Jade Prince
    jade592@hotmail.com =)

• 30 Oct 2010 GEM said

GEM

I’ve started a Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=l…roup_152297954813183 and I have booked my trip too!

• 31 Oct 2010 whatsername said

whatsername

yay GEM so glad ur booked. its gunna be an awesome adventure.

oh btw I’m a Gemma too!!!

• 6 Nov 2010 said

Default_avatar

Oh good I see a few of people are already doing this tour so am I.. All paid for now, waiting part is now the hard part!!! Add me on facebook if you like Carla Steinberg Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 10 Nov 2010 Kellyz89 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! My names Kelly and im all booked!! (egypt option!) Im from Australia, Melbourne and 21 (22 when tour starts) and travelling solo! I have never been overseas so im mega excited Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Hope we can all keep in touch prior. I will be staying 2 nights prior in London at the Royal National Hotel so if anyone else is doing that let me know Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Nov 2010 whatsername said

whatsername
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kellyz89:
    Hey everyone! My names Kelly and im all booked!! (egypt option!) Im from Australia, Melbourne and 21 (22 when tour starts) and travelling solo! I have never been overseas so im mega excited Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Hope we can all keep in touch prior. I will be staying 2 nights prior in London at the Royal National Hotel so if anyone else is doing that let me know Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hey Kelly!!!

I’m Gemma.

Theres a few of us travelling solo so never fear. Im super excited too. I’m only staying at the RN one night before the trip but my flight arrives into Heathrow about 730am sunday morning. so ill have a whole day to explore the city. super exciting. I’ll be staying on after the tour. Dont fly home til 26th May so plenty of exploring time. I’m hoping to travel to Poland to visit Auschwitz for a couple of days too!!
    Super excited. 136 days til the tour starts!!!

Join the facebook group the other Gemma set up!!!

• 14 Nov 2010 GEM said

GEM

Hi Kelly,

I arrive in London on Friday the 25th of March and am staying at the Royal National until the tour starts so I’ll see you there!

• 5 Dec 2010 GEM said

GEM

Hey guys, there’s also a few others I’ve found in other forums that are going on our tour. It’s getting close now – 3 months 22 days!

• 7 Dec 2010 Explorer1220831 said

Default_avatar

Oh this is reassuring –- I wasn’t sure if I would be one of the few people travelling solo on this tour. So excited! I have no idea what to expect since I’m not an experienced traveler.

One quick question, for this tour, how much would you budget to spend (in Canadian dollars)? I don’t plan on going on a huge shopping frenzy, but I’m not sure what the pricing is like throughout Europe and Egypt.

And feel free to add my on facebook if you’d like too! Krystal Watson Smiler<!-graemlin::)—> Looking forward!

• 7 Dec 2010 GEM said

GEM

Hi Krystal, I’m trying to save about NZ$9000 so that works out about 4500-5000 Euro (at least 100 Euro per day) which from what I’ve read on these forums is usually a good budget (but I’m hoping to have some left over at the end!). So that works out at about $6-7000 Canadian?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion